Santanas time to teach me about them

The KL33 is also overlooked and is just a killer guitar! Basically an all Korina Santana III with moons and Mira pups that IMO is neck and neck with the West Street LTD. as being my favorite Santana shaped object. I think they hover around $2k+ used.

Not around $2k anymore on Reverb--well, at least "asking" prices that is, anyway. There's one up there now for Santana-level dollars. :rolleyes:

Looks like I’ll get to see the suspect. The seller asked me to text him a photo of the cash. That’s new to me. It kinda makes sense, would weed out any lid lifters, and most rip-offs and a-holes. Anyone see an issue with this? Meet would be at a coffee shop, so public place. Thank you for all your help my guitar family!

Looks like I’ll get to see the suspect. The seller asked me to text him a photo of the cash. That’s new to me. It kinda makes sense, would weed out any lid lifters, and most rip-offs and a-holes. Anyone see an issue with this? Meet would be at a coffee shop, so public place. Thank you for all your help my guitar family!
Locally here in BC/CA I usually ask if etransfer bank to bank app will work. That way I don't have to walk around with a pile of cash.
Not sure if that's available for you.

Ooh… I’ve texted pics of cash to a seller before.

But I get turned on by danger.

A couple questions -
1) The seller notes the action is a bit high, and it has 11’s on it. I’ll probably go to 10’s. If the action feels high to me, what should I look for, to be sure there is enough adjustment to lower it? I’m thinking check the nut by fretting at the third fee and looking for minimal string clearance at frets 1 & 2, checking the saddles and try to be sure they aren’t already all the way down, check neck relief by fretting at 1 & 24 and see clearance at 12. The only other adjustment I can think of is the bridge knife edge screws, which I really don’t want to mess with.

2) for anyone out here in the SF Bay Area, recommendations for a tech or luthier? I’m in Vacaville, so local, north bay and east bay and Sacramento are easiest for me. Locally there is ARC guitar in Winters, Harper Guitar in Vacaville area, the Tweedhut- the local shop, East Bay Guitar. Looking for somebody competent and not flaky.

Thanks all!

Man, really buy it already! 17 is a precovid deal. Finish is original and the action can always be adjusted. If I didn't have a hard no buy from CA rule I would have already snaked it.

Wavering like this is why people ask for cash shots, don't sell on CL, and prison style us to reverb.

Buy it already.. Santana's rock!

Man, really buy it already! 17 is a precovid deal. Finish is original and the action can always be adjusted. If I didn't have a hard no buy from CA rule I would have already snaked it.

Wavering like this is why people ask for cash shots, don't sell on CL, and prison style us to reverb.

Buy it already.. Santana's rock!
Some “Not Hello Kitty” Photos. Proper NSD Day thread later. It’s as well preserved a 20 year old guitar as I’ve seen. It’s really in good shape. Some swirling on the back, not much and minor, no case candy, and I’m not so sure about the DI Marzio strap thingy. I’d put this as a 8.5 or 9/10, The case is in pretty darned good shape as well, 7.5 or 8/10. I’m sure I’ll have some set up questions, but I’ll try to do my homework first. Thanks one and all for your help, I’m stoked!

@SinSir, are you stalking me? (Kidding, tho sounds like you found the CL post, and that’s what I gave for it.)

Last edited:
Some “Not Hello Kitty” Photos. Proper NSD Day thread later. It’s as well preserved a 20 year old guitar as I’ve seen. It’s really in good shape. Some swirling on the back, not much and minor, no case candy, and I’m not so sure about the DI Marzio strap thingy. I’d put this as a 8.5 or 9/10, The case is in pretty darned good shape as well, 7.5 or 8/10. I’m sure I’ll have some set up questions, but I’ll try to do my homework first. Thanks one and all for your help, I’m stoked!

@SinSir, are you stalking me? (Kidding, tho sounds like you found the CL post, and that’s what I gave for it.)

Congrats! Score..

I only stalk santanas

Ok, first Mira’s, then CE’s, now Santanas. 24.5” scale, check. Humbuckers, check. Tremolo bridge, ok, two out of three, and I can always block the trem if I really feel I need to do so. Specially, an ‘03 Santana III in what looks like pretty good condition, at what looks like a decent price, that I can maybe afford.

Tell me about Santanas please. Since price talk is kinda, sort frowned upon here, feel free to PM what a decent price range might be.

Also, what to look out for, if there were other than core or SE Santana’s I need to be ware of? Neck has the year digit and serial number, so looks legit. Santana VS Santana III? Thank you all for overwhelming patience and info!

Edit to correct the scale length
For me the neck fells great but the sustain out of the pickups is unreal. It does really end up ringing out like Carlos, and can just sing. Cant go wrong with one IMO

Thanks for the well wishes all. I’ll get just a bit of time with it this week, then I’m traveling for a couple weeks, then back to it. So far, after just a few minutes with a fender micro and headphones, I’m already digging the tone. I can’t wait to check it out with the Mkv25 tonight or tomorrow.

Hell yes! Congrats, and welcome to Club Santana

Back