Santana II

Nigel Tufnel

Hi!

I just traded a copper PRS S2 Singlecut for a PRS Santana II (2004). How come there is so little information on them? This is an amazing instrument. The PRS S2 Singlecut was a great guitar for me but felt i was ready to make the next step. How come there's so few available for sale given the long run of 1998-2007?

Straight up? That’s a hell of a trade! Congrats.

Not quite. I got a healthy discount. He wants to buy a Ernie Ball John Petrucci Guitar. He's a Prog Rock fanatic so I got a good deal as he knows someone else who wanted the S2. So a three way trade that worked out. I'll post some photos once i figure out how....Now i have to find a Santana Snake Amp? Anyone else have an Santana II?

There’s quite a bit of info out there on them as they are the longest running Signature PRS guitar.

I agree. I've been researching the heck out of 'em. A Santana has recently moved up to my top 3 spot of the PRS GAS chain. It's always been on the list, but lately I stopped just drinking the Kool-aid and decided to put on the suit to come busting through my guitar wall!

I agree. I've been researching the heck out of 'em. A Santana has recently moved up to my top 3 spot of the PRS GAS chain. It's always been on the list, but lately I stopped just drinking the Kool-aid and decided to put on the suit to come busting through my guitar wall!

Just need to get your hands on one. They are super comfortable but some people don’t mesh well with 24 fret 24.5” scale. I personally love them.

Just need to get your hands on one. They are super comfortable but some people don’t mesh well with 24 fret 24.5” scale. I personally love them.

I've played quite a few and a couple I've really liked and been surprised by one I thought I'd like but didn't. One I tried to pull the trigger on but the pricing was high. The lovely times we live in where some are enjoying the feast a little too much. With the Santana being what I'd consider a MAJOR guitar purchase I'm in no hurry to force it. Especially because one of the other top 3 are also a big expense as well. The right one of the three will come along..

Just curious if anyone has run their Santana through a spark amp? I live in Asia. We all live in small apartments or small homes. I currently have a Katana Boss Wireless amp that sits nicely in the corner...i think it's time to upgrade but wonder if the mesa boogie might be too much for the neighbourhood watch...

Back