S2 Standards

That black SC would look killer with some worn/aged/relic(ed) gold hardware & pup covers, and a tortoiseshell pick guard... or black pearloid :)

Last edited:
The pick guards are fugly on those body shapes. I know its cheaper because of getting the prewired guards from korea but they just don't look right.

I suppose it's an "eye of the beholder" thing. I am totally digging the shape of the pickguards and overall vibe of these. I'd always kind of wanted a Starla without the Bigsby and this new Single is pretty much that but better.

I like the pickguards very much. I think they're well designed and classy looking.

Also, normally I would never go for Tobacco burst on any guitar, but it just looks sofa king sexy and classy all at once in these three models. I'm truly in lust.

st22_mc.jpg

I like the pickguards very much. I think they're well designed and classy looking.

Also, normally I would never go for Tobacco burst on any guitar, but it just looks sofa king sexy and classy all at once in these three models. I'm truly in lust.

st22_mc.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of a private stock version of that, with a few tweaks. I love the look and the vibe. But of course, tweakage just because...I mean can you imagine that with a set of 408s? Mmmmm...

"SG killer" is right. Remember when Gibson had the SG Standards for around $1200?

I actually think the S2 Mira is already the SG killer, being a bit closer in overall layout and vibe to an SG. In fact, that's the reason I bought mine - I originally went shopping for an SG Standard and for about the same money the Mira owned it in every possible way. The Mira has become my absolute favorite guitar in the year since I have had it.

Going with a Strat style pick guard really opens things up for tweakers and PRS. I'd rather call in and order a new pick guard with different pickups and control setup than ship my guitar to Maryland for the same mods. Might even see a decent after market for that.

I'm toying with the idea of a private stock version of that, with a few tweaks. I love the look and the vibe. But of course, tweakage just because...I mean can you imagine that with a set of 408s? Mmmmm...

Here comes Les, has to one up everyone again...

(For good reason, that would be pretty sweet)

MMMMmmmmmm... Give me a Standard Singlecut and some Fralin P-92s, 9000/10000 turn set. Or maybe not give it to me, I will buy one.

Lindy Fralin's from my home state of Virginia so there's some loyalty there for me as well. That, and the fact that his pickups are high quality, and you can talk directly to him about what you want.

Fair enough :) I've read somewhere the Kinmans are too deep for the PRS cavity. Hopefully when someone gets one they can take a measurement for me before I take the plunge. Hmm I think I just convinced myself to get another guitar...

There is also the PTC triple 408 option too... Hmm... Maybe rugerpc can do the phat version... (Wide 408 in the neck pos). Oh dear.

I just saw these today. I really like them, AMS is advertising their 12 months no finance on the PRS S2 Standards. Although they have the old S2 price of $1319, so not sure what's up with that.

So the S2 Standards don't have split coil feature do they? The specs mention push/pull on the tone control, but they don't say specifically that they're split coil. I do like the feature. Not a deal breaker though. I like the Custom 22 a lot. In vintage white. Also, what's up with the odd font/size? Haven't been here in a while, but this is hard to read.

st22_aw.jpg

IRG, the coil tap feature is common throughout the S2 line, so I am certain when they say push/pull tone that is what they are referring to.

I am quite loooking forward to picking one of these up (probably the Singlecut but possibly the 22). With you on the font - hoping that gets fixed soon.

I just saw these today. I really like them, AMS is advertising their 12 months no finance on the PRS S2 Standards. Although they have the old S2 price of $1319, so not sure what's up with that.
I believe it's $1199 with dots, birds must account for the price increase.

I believe it's $1199 with dots, birds must account for the price increase.

Maybe that's why. The PRS site mentions only dots on the Standard. AMS has the birds, and they confirmed with me just now, that they're $1319. I'll take it without the birds for that price difference.

IRG, the coil tap feature is common throughout the S2 line, so I am certain when they say push/pull tone that is what they are referring to.

I am quite loooking forward to picking one of these up (probably the Singlecut but possibly the 22). With you on the font - hoping that gets fixed soon.

Glad it wasn't just me with the font issue, lol. Thought I had done something stupid. It's funny on the coil tap feature, it doesn't really say it in the spec sheet, or again, maybe I'm being stupid.

They don't specify "coil tap" in the specs on any of them, but my Mira definitely has it and every other one I have played does as well. I am sure these will be no different.

I did notice the various retailers are showing the higher "non standard" S2 pricing for these but I am sure they will sort it out when they start shipping.

Back