S2 McCarty 594 Thinline vs S2 Vela

Thank you all, last week I bought a Semi Hollow Vela through Sweetwater, just got to wait a couple months for the back order. I was worried about neck shape, but I'm starting to think I can get used to probably 80% of necks out there once you play it enough.
The neck feels very boutique to me...I have 4 S2s with the pattern regular shape and honestly they all feel a tad different to me albeit similar which I like...

Thank you all, last week I bought a Semi Hollow Vela through Sweetwater, just got to wait a couple months for the back order. I was worried about neck shape, but I'm starting to think I can get used to probably 80% of necks out there once you play it enough.
I'm sure you'll be very happy with your decision! With luck you might get it sooner. I ordered mine from Sweetwater in mid November of last year with the understanding that I might have had to wait 2 to 3 months. Two and a half weeks later I had it.

I got another compliment last night with the Velas's tone. I had practice at church and in between songs one of our other guitar players who was just hanging out for a few said "your other guitars have always sounded good to me, but that one is by far my favorite."

I got another compliment last night with the Velas's tone. I had practice at church and in between songs one of our other guitar players who was just hanging out for a few said "your other guitars have always sounded good to me, but that one is by far my favorite."
I’m confident I know and love the tone. I’ve watch a million YouTube videos of people playing them! The best is one with Greg Koch playing a Vela Semi Hollow for an hour and fifteen minutes straight!

I’m confident I know and love the tone. I’ve watch a million YouTube videos of people playing them! The best is one with Greg Koch playing a Vela Semi Hollow for an hour and fifteen minutes straight!
Greg Koch is an absolute monster player! I don't think there's anything he can't do on guitar. I'd be happy with 1/4 of his skills.

He also cracks me up something fierce. "Glorious tone!!!"

I just checked out some of that video with Greg Koch playing a Vela. Good grief but that man is phenomenal.

Made it through his take on Creams "Sleepy Time Time" which is one of my fav's. Just unreal. I mean, wow!

I'll check the rest out later. Got places to go to now.

Back