S2 594 opinions

Yeah... I just looked at the lyrics...

ha, get this... one of my buddies at The Gear Page was telling me about them a couple years ago. I had heard OF them, but didn't realize how far out there they were. I thought they were just an 80s cover band doing a "redo" thing for show. He was telling me how out of control there were, and I thought he just meant they were perhaps exaggerating the 80s party lifestyle, and I thought I might like them if they were playing some good 80s rock. He sent me a link to a video they did called Glory Hole. I didn't even see the name of the song, clicked on the link thinking I was opening a web page, and left my office to get some water. When I came back, the link had taken me to YouTube video of that song. Luckily, nobody was in or around my office. It was one of those things like a car wreck where you actually keep looking even though you know better. I'll never make that mistake again. And I've never looked at anything by them since.

They actually played in Cinci not long ago. I saw it in the paper and just shook my head. Yet, I googled that above and the lyrics came up. You only need to read a sentence or two to confirm what you're dealing with. :eek::rolleyes: I realize is is supposed to be sort of a caricature of the 80s rock scene, but OMG... loss for words...

my apoliges to the OP for getting off topic.

I love Steel Panther. We saw them open for Judas Priest a few years ago. I was stunned. Not by the band - I was familiar with them and knew what the deal was. What I couldn’t believe was how many people in the crowd didn’t realize it was a joke. They thought it was serious. It’s so over the top that I can’t believe people think it’s legit. Same thing happened the first time I saw Ghost. I’d heard the name, but never heard a note or saw a picture. Papa walked out and I started cracking up.

I love Steel Panther. We saw them open for Judas Priest a few years ago. I was stunned. Not by the band - I was familiar with them and knew what the deal was. What I couldn’t believe was how many people in the crowd didn’t realize it was a joke. They thought it was serious. It’s so over the top that I can’t believe people think it’s legit. Same thing happened the first time I saw Ghost. I’d heard the name, but never heard a note or saw a picture. Papa walked out and I started cracking up.

I wanted to love Steel Panther, because they're AC/DC-good at their schtick, but unfortunately their schtick gets just too crass and over the top vulgar for me. Some 80's-style SUYT stuff is all good clean fun, but when they're graphic about that they did with Granny and how much she "enjoyed" it?

No. Just no.

Does this mean 80s rock is back too? Cause I can get all behind that!

Yup... check out what another company has reissued in a limited edition (I own one of the originals and it's great at what it is):

0251700310_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

I’m in your camp.

Back