SE McCarty Body Thickness?

SamIV

Anyone know the difference of the body thickness between the SE McCarty Single Cut and SE Double Cut? Is the Double Cut thicker than any of the Custom 22’s?

Well zero response. Was deciding between the SC and DC. Think I and going with the full thickness DC.

Im not sure about the thickness either but I played both and went with the DC.. figured that I already have a single cut with my LP.. lol. They are awesome guitars!

I just received my SE 594. Was afraid I would not like the neck carve, but I was very mistaken. I bought the singlecut and happy I did. Like the body thickness. I thought my 245 played well, but this has an edge on it. Very nice top on it. It’s my new avatar

But the tuners suck. Worst tuners on a guitar I have bought in quite some time. They do not exemplify what is typical of PRS. Three of them actually slip. I have a bit of fret sprout I have to take care of as well. That’s not a big deal to me. Going to give it a couple days to see if it settles in. Did I mention the tuners are worse than the wing tuners I had on my CE. And I think the devil designed those. These vintage style tuners feel very cheap. But it is a keeper. My Korean 245 might be hitting the road soon. And another thick bodied singlecut as well. I don’t keep guitars that I know I will not play very often. Will see. Picture is my avatar.

Last edited:
Did I mention the tuners are worse than the wing tuners I had on my CE. And I think the devil designed those.
Blasphemy! Well, the devil does make things easy.. like winged tuners and tacos! :)

Screenshot_20211019-193540_Chromeaade18cc93233ee75586e00b61c848f2.jpg

Back