Rumors

It’s not a Core Super Eagle. It’s a PRS Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition with 85/15MT humbuckers and a PRS Narrowfield middle pickup. The mini-toggles tap the humbuckers. I think they work just like the toggles on the Custom 24-08.

So those are 85/15’s not 58/15’s? MT does that mean medium turn? I’m so confused. Same regular scale length?

So those are 85/15’s not 58/15’s? MT does that mean medium turn? I’m so confused. Same regular scale length?
The MT means “Multi-Tap”. They’re the same pickups as the Custom 24-08 and work the same. When you switch the mini-toggle to split the pickups, it adds in more windings from the multi-tap to minimize volume drop.

The MT means “Multi-Tap”. They’re the same pickups as the Custom 24-08 and work the same. When you switch the mini-toggle to split the pickups, it adds in more windings from the multi-tap to minimize volume drop.

Interesting, so similar to the 408 pickups.

I thought they were 85/15MT pickups because that’s what it said in the EXP PRS 2018 Event Program. But walking through the dealer area today I realized they are 58/15MT pickups instead.

I thought they were 85/15MT pickups because that’s what it said in the EXP PRS 2018 Event Program. But walking through the dealer area today I realized they are 58/15MT pickups instead.

I noticed that too. Easy to transpose 2 numbers. Such a sick guitar!

Isn’t the only difference that one is covered and the other isn’t? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Yes that semi hollow limited thing looks outstanding. Makes me wonder what I can get for my 594 haha.

However I noticed the private stock run with the wood from the graveyard was also released. And wasn’t it in the same interview where PRSh first mentioned that wood, where he also mentioned a new SE model that would be unexpected was coming out? I know there was some speculation he was referring to the mt15 amp, but I think this interview was after it was released. And I could be way off base. Just curious if anyone else remembers something similar?

Isn’t the only difference that one is covered and the other isn’t? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?
I've read that but I'm not sure it's absolutely the only difference. I think there's an interview where Paul is asked the difference and he said that one is covered. The implication is that he's saying it's the only difference but I think he may have been intentionally vague. Right when they were first announced, I was talking to a PRS sales rep and mentioned that I'd heard they were the same except for the covers. He replied that Paul didn't really give out those kinds of details and that the pickups are similar but not identical other than the covers. He said something like there is more to a pickup than the type of magnet and number of windings.

Back