Fell in love again

Mike S.

Howdy Folks,

Back in 2017, I fell upon the release of the Reclaimed Limiteds and was fortunate enough to purchase one of the CE 24 models. I actually ordered from a small retailer in another state who happened to have one in stock. What a gorgeous guitar! But, I really never bonded with it completely. I think perhaps the neck ‘feel’ wasn’t to my liking as much as I had hoped. Anyway, I knew this was a valuable purchase and I really didn’t want to part with it, so I tucked it away in its’ case and there it sat. Oh, maybe I pulled it out a time or 2, but not more than that. A Fender Tele has been mostly my ‘go-to’ in recent years.

A few days ago, I thought I might want to sell it, since I wasn’t playing it. So, I decided to pull it out of its’ case to examine it, put on a fresh set of Elixirs and give it another whirl. Well, I plugged it into my Deluxe Reverb and it really got my attention this time! Such a well-constructed guitar! And what I really marvel at is the way it resonates. So awesome! The neck doesn’t seem to an issue now. I dunno, maybe my hands have finally matured..lol!

So, I plan to take it to my next band rehearsal and try it out (we’re just some older guys covering some older tunes and havin’ fun). I also have a Gretsch Jet I really like, but its’ weight is prohibiting me from wanting to use it in band situation. And, I won’t give up the Tele completely, but for now I’m finally going to give this 24 the opportunity it deserves. That’s the story…I figured you PRS afficianados might appreciate this tale.

Here’a pic of it (I’m not very familiar how this forum works, so I hope this shared link from Dropbox works for pic posting)

Rock on!
Mike

They're great guitars and lightweight most of em...glad you rediscovered it....that happened to me with my S2 Mira....I wasn't playing it much in favor or my 3 standard 22s....broke it out recently and straightened the neck and was like, what am I an idiot?? This thing is perfect!! Lol

Howdy Folks,

Back in 2017, I fell upon the release of the Reclaimed Limiteds and was fortunate enough to purchase one of the CE 24 models. I actually ordered from a small retailer in another state who happened to have one in stock. What a gorgeous guitar! But, I really never bonded with it completely. I think perhaps the neck ‘feel’ wasn’t to my liking as much as I had hoped. Anyway, I knew this was a valuable purchase and I really didn’t want to part with it, so I tucked it away in its’ case and there it sat. Oh, maybe I pulled it out a time or 2, but not more than that. A Fender Tele has been mostly my ‘go-to’ in recent years.

A few days ago, I thought I might want to sell it, since I wasn’t playing it. So, I decided to pull it out of its’ case to examine it, put on a fresh set of Elixirs and give it another whirl. Well, I plugged it into my Deluxe Reverb and it really got my attention this time! Such a well-constructed guitar! And what I really marvel at is the way it resonates. So awesome! The neck doesn’t seem to an issue now. I dunno, maybe my hands have finally matured..lol!

So, I plan to take it to my next band rehearsal and try it out (we’re just some older guys covering some older tunes and havin’ fun). I also have a Gretsch Jet I really like, but its’ weight is prohibiting me from wanting to use it in band situation. And, I won’t give up the Tele completely, but for now I’m finally going to give this 24 the opportunity it deserves. That’s the story…I figured you PRS afficianados might appreciate this tale.

Here’a pic of it (I’m not very familiar how this forum works, so I hope this shared link from Dropbox works for pic posting)

Rock on!
Mike
If I had to pick one word to describe that guitar, it is "clean".
PRS, Teles, Deluxe Reverbs...?
Yeah...you and I can be friends.

Back