Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Starla Neck and H90 bridge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starla Neck and 5708 bridge

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

SinSir

Mad Scientist
I'm a tweaker, and can't leave well enough alone.. I'm not really one to post polls, but this being a hollowbody hopefully this will help reduce swapping attempts.

I have a seHb2 that I really do enjoy but don't give it the playtime I should. I'm hoping a pickup swap will help change that.

I have a set of core starla pickups. Originally to put in the bridge of my Vela, but then it was mentioned in a hollowbody. Got me interested. I have a set of 5708 TCI that are on the lower output side of things that would work out in a hollowbody. 5708 are my favorite pickups. Then I have multiple sets of humbucker P90 from my tweakathon to find my favorite.

Help, I can't decide. Thanks!

Pics or a thread is worthless

20220602_1938222576933ae3439263.jpg

I voted 57/08. I chose that option partially because they are my favorite pickup. However, I have two core hollow body PRS guitars that came with 57/08s in them stock. They work very well in these guitars.

Seth Lovers. Or I bet \M/‘s would sound killer in that guitar.

Appreciate the suggestion. I have another project on the burner for \m/ once this one is done. If I go with 5708 in here that directly influences that project.

Of the listed pickups, 57/08. As an alternative, why not track down a 53/10 or some old school Archtop pickups?

Thanks. Sticking with what's listed. A hollowbody is a guitar I'd like to keep the experiments to a minimum for it being a pain to wire.

Back