Rosewood fb on swamp ash?

My favorite Strat is my old USA Custom/MJT swamp ash guitar with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.

It's the most resonant, best sounding Strat I own although I haven't finished the one I'm putting together now so I haven't heard it yet. Might be even better!

But to answer your question: Heck yes!

Swamp ash body and a bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard is a killer sounding wood combo and in my case made for a great guitar I've played for years.

It's the one on the throne...I mean the rocker.

I have never seen an SAS with a rosewood fretboard. I am sure that is by design. I would like it. I have rosewood on all but one of my Strats and seem to prefer it. I prefer maple on a Tele. I like Alder or Ash for the bodies of both. I like the SAS I have. Others that have played it really like it too. I have a short list of people that I am supposed to call if I ever decide to sell it. The only thing I wish mine had was a flame maple neck. I have seen some necks on other SAS guitars around the year of mine that I would have loved to have on mine.

I have never seen an SAS with a rosewood fretboard. I am sure that is by design. I would like it.

They're out there. A rosewood version is what initially got me interested in the SAS. I stupidly passed on one for sale by a member here, but I ended up finding a maple board version semi local that was a smokin deal and practically mint. Still want its rosewood brother!

If they ever release a seSAS with rosewood I'd be allover it!

@Bowtiefanatc

:( :( :( :( :(

5mLQbdQ.jpg

They're out there. A rosewood version is what initially got me interested in the SAS. I stupidly passed on one for sale by a member here, but I ended up finding a maple board version semi local that was a smokin deal and practically mint. Still want its rosewood brother!

If they ever release a seSAS with rosewood I'd be allover it!

@Bowtiefanatc

If they are out there, they're one offs. The recent announcements for the swamp ash always showed maple fingerboards and the prs web site shows no mention of a rw fingerboard. If there was one, I'm sure they would show it. Hell, the DG even shows MOON inlays, fer pete's sake!!!

If they are out there, they're one offs. The recent announcements for the swamp ash always showed maple fingerboards and the prs web site shows no mention of a rw fingerboard. If there was one, I'm sure they would show it. Hell, the DG even shows MOON inlays, fer pete's sake!!!
I wasn't talking about the se except for the last sentence.

There out there for core. It's listed as an option some places. I've even seen the 25th NF listed as a RW option, but have never seen one, and doubt such a thing even exists. I've only seen it mentioned once in spec options, and Ive been searching for one for years.

Psst.. I sometimes prefer moons! I Like birds, but moons are cool. I'd want moons on a DGT.

I was just looking at that beautiful dark teal SE Swamp Ash Special on the web site and I got to thinking. (Yes, I think once a year whether I need to or not). It would be an interesting experiment to try and fit a Warmoth RW fb neck on that dark teal one. hmmm....:cool:
I wasn't talking about the se except for the last sentence.
Ah-got it. I just went on a 10 mile bike ride, so I'm a bit tired! :)

> the 25th NF listed as a RW option,

Please excusse my ignorance, but what is that? Thanks

>but have never seen one, and doubt such a thing even exists. I've only seen it mentioned once in spec options, and Ive been searching for one for >years.

>Psst.. I sometimes prefer moons! I Like birds, but moons are cool. I'd want moons on a DGT.

Birds are fine and everything but they do get a bit boring all the time. I know the birds had something to do with Paul's mother? PRS could offer a few options like birds, moons, leaping trout, and a couple more. But then I don't look at the fingerboard when I'm playing, so I guess it doesn't matter! BTW-only trouble with the moons on the DGT is that it only comes with a gold body, not my fav. colour

Doug

It's a fantastic recipe. Classic 50s-era Strats mostly seemed to be made with maple boards, and the maple/ash combo is fantastic as well, but the treble sometimes can be a bit overbearing. The rosewood boards warms it up perfectly.

> the 25th NF listed as a RW option,

Please excusse my ignorance, but what is that? Thanks

I know the birds had something to do with Paul's mother?

There was a 25th anniversary Swamp Ash Special with 3 narrowfiled pickups. Cool guitar I've always wanted.

Yes, Paul's mom was a bird watcher.

About the warmoth, that would be interesting. A roasted maple with rosewood and the 59 profile would be killer! That's what I have on my tele, fantastic neck!

It's a fantastic recipe. Classic 50s-era Strats mostly seemed to be made with maple boards, and the maple/ash combo is fantastic as well, but the treble sometimes can be a bit overbearing. The rosewood boards warms it up perfectly.

Not sure, but I remember hearing that the rw finger boards on Strats came out around 1960.

I wouldn’t say they are 1 offs, but I wouldn’t say they are common.

Back