SE DGT versus SE Swamp Ash Special.

SE DGT or SE Swamp Ash Special?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, 8 is about middle of the road. I just thought that was probably a heavy example of a DGT. I'm used to LPs so I'm not too shy to play something 9 or 10 lbs.
I'd agree. For a seDGT 8lbs is on the heavy side. What I've seen seems to be in that lower half of 7.x lbs range. Core DGT look to be a little more in the 8+/- range.

I'd agree. For a seDGT 8lbs is on the heavy side. What I've seen seems to be in that lower half of 7.x lbs range. Core DGT look to be a little more in the 8+/- range.
Am I crazy (DON'T answer that!), but it appears that the Gold Top version, in general, weighs a little more than the Tobacco Sunburst version.

Am I crazy (DON'T answer that!), but it appears that the Gold Top version, in general, weighs a little more than the Tobacco Sunburst version.
Just looked at the dozen or so gold top and burst SE DGTs on Peach guitars website and most are solidly within the 7 1/2 to 8lb range. Mine was 8lbs 4oz which is fine by me. Certainly don’t want a back breaker but guitars that are too light feel like toys!

I have a 2024 SE DGT. The guitar plays and sounds great. I have a hard time putting the guitar down. In humbucker mode the guitar sounds like an LP. In the coil split mode it sounds like a strat/tele.

I have a 2024 SE DGT. The guitar plays and sounds great. I have a hard time putting the guitar down. In humbucker mode the guitar sounds like an LP. In the coil split mode it sounds like a strat/tele.
What color did you go with Black Dog?

What color did you go with Black Dog?
I made some changes so it's not all original. John Mann locking tuners with bone tuner buttons, core pickup rings, amber lampshade knobs, and a John Mann Gilmour style tremolo arm with a cream tip.

B4758235-CC8-A-410-A-93-F3-657-A0133-E59-B.avif

Last edited:
When I finish paying off this one I will purchase the gold top model.
Then I won't obsess over getting the Gold Top first :)

Now I can't decide between two of them that I'm looking at from two different Dealers.

One of them weighs 7 lbs 11 oz, and the other one weighs 8 lbs.

The "problem" is that I could take delivery on both of them, and then choose the one I like best (not always so easy for someone like me :) ), but it will end up costing me around $100.00 because I'll have to pay for the original shipping, as well as the return shipping of the one I send back.

To quote the Wicked Witch of the West.......................................................

What a world, what a world!

Then I won't obsess over getting the Gold Top first :)

One of them weighs 7 lbs 11 oz, and the other one weighs 8 lbs.

To quote the Wicked Witch of the West.......................................................

What a world, what a world!
Mine is 7 lbs. 10 oz, I would have been happier if it was in the 8 lb. range but I liked the top and the dark fretboard on this one.

Gold top all day! Moons and the cool maroon/burgandyish back. Not a deal breaker by any means but if I have the option of with or without veneer I'm choosing no veneer
How about which weight to go with (one is 7 lbs 11 oz, and the other one weighs 8 lbs)?

Back