Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

RedGuitars

Thread killer
Did y'all see that PS hollowbody bass in the E Street band?

And, I enjoyed the star studded Linda Ronstadt performances, but where was Linda?

Hall and Oates were good too.

I watched the whole show yesterday, and also the 2014 Rock Gods show which also had Joan Jett on it.
She played good on the Nirvana tribute on the hall of fame one.

Reports have indicated that Linda is ill and cannot sing anymore....I believe it is Parkinsons

Not reports - she confirmed it.

I thought Lorde was good w/Nirvana - but I'm not a Nirvana fan. Props to Grohl, though - is there ever a performance he doesn't give his all? I thought the whole Courney hug thing was very contrived - especially after she called him 'Mister' and everyone else 'Brother'.

The Linda tribute was great, but a couple of those ladies were a notch or two below Linda's level (who isn't?).

Loved Tom Morello's speech inducting Kiss, and Chris Martin's for Peter Gabriel. Too bad Kiss couldn't get over themselves long enough to perform for 10 minutes. I totally get their point about not inducting everyone, but they looked juvenile through the whole debacle - and I say that as a Kiss fan.

Yusef Islam displayed a ton of grace. Hall and Oates were very good.

I just watched it again. Agree with you Alan, 'cept I didn't like that Lorde performance... the look on Courtney Love's face during that one, says it all.

St. Vincent chick..yum. She's got a modern look, she should be playing a Modern Eagle. Paul needs to make a guitar for her... I say a Modern Eagle in Persimmon Smokeburst.

Is there a style of music Linda couldn't sing? Hall and Oats are just consummate professionals, as is Grohl (who always seems to be loving every moment on stage wether with the Foo Fighters or backing one of his heroes).

Was Lorde the one with the horizontal striped dress?
If so, I did not care for her part on the Nirvana songs.
Now the woman with the hair fizzed out and in the dress with guitar I thought she was good.

The women fronting Nirvana, including Joan Jett, we're fine. None blew me away which says more about what a great front man Cobain was and less about their covers in my opinion. Grohl is awesome, he just loves making music.

The Linda Ronstdat tribute was impressive, too bad she's no longer well enough to perform. I had no idea that she had Glen Frey and Don Henley in her band early on. Pretty impressive.

The 2014 RNR HOF was horrible...and frankly, I blame Kiss. And I'm a Kiss fan!

I'm a Rush fan too...and it was pretty apparent that 2013, the night was about them...even with all the other talent there.

I think Kiss messed EVERYTHING up.

They couldn't agree to perform, so after their predicable speeches, they just....walked away.

They didn't even have someone else come out and do a couple songs. The empty space was like a turd in a punch bowl.

I think Kiss wanted to go last, so they could do the big production. Which would have been fine...but the HOF was soooooo hot and bothered to get Nirvana crammed in their first year....you now have TWO bands that deserved the last spot.

THEN....the HOF made the mistake of cramming in the E Street Band. I like Bruce....but man, these guys are like the party guests that don't know when to go home.

One song? Sure....we'll just make it 47 mins.

That's just shitty....it's a night for ALL artists being honored.

So...there was NO all-star jam at the end...likely because there was a stand off created by Gene Simmons wanting to "rock n roll all nite". In his lame voice..."what? Everyone loves that song, they can play along"

I felt the various lead singers for Nirvana was pretentious and pandering. All they needed to do was a short acoustic set of the two surviving members.

I think Kiss' prissiness log-jammed the whole production....but it started with the HIF trying to ram too much in and not spacing out these inductees over a few years.

My two cents....

St. Vincent chick..yum. She's got a modern look, she should be playing a Modern Eagle. Paul needs to make a guitar for her... I say a Modern Eagle in Persimmon Smokeburst.

I'm really beginning to like St. Vincent.

Was Lorde the one with the horizontal striped dress?
If so, I did not care for her part on the Nirvana songs.
Now the woman with the hair fizzed out and in the dress with guitar I thought she was good.

No - the woman in the striped dress was Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth. Lorde was the last singer, in the pinkish outfit. And the woman with the fizzed hair was St. Vincent.

So...there was NO all-star jam at the end...likely because there was a stand off created by Gene Simmons wanting to "rock n roll all nite". In his lame voice..."what? Everyone loves that song, they can play along"

The jam was cancelled because of the E Street Band expanded speechathon.

And I don't disagree with you about Kiss casting a pall over the evening. In 2013, Rush was clearly the crowd favorite, and Alex's speech was the highlight of the evening for me (and quite possibly the highlight of the entire existence of the HOF for me). Jann Wenner was rumored to be very miffed about that, and I wouldn't be surprised if that played a part as well.

Not a Nirvana fan. Watched this the other night and, after reading all of the reports about this performance over the past few weeks I'm really not impressed. I get it, Dave Grohl is apparently the nicest guy in rock, and he is a great drummer, and an even better songwriter, but they really could have had a better choice of vocalists. You know, one's that would have fit better.
I'm really looking forward to the day that the Smashing Pumpkins gets inducted. That'll be interesting.

The RRHOF is just so overblown. It's not like these guys found a cure for cancer or Parkinson's. Wish they would just say how much money they generated for their record company, say thank you to the mysterious cabal that picked them and play a few songs for their fans.

Back