Rock and Roll Hall of Fame voting 2013

That's an interesting list. I'm surprised that some of these acts aren't already in the HOF and I'm equally surprised that some of these acts are even being considered.

Considering the RRHoF isn't really even about Rock and Roll... All of 'em should be in there already.

being from cleveland, the rock hall is both a treasure and a embarresment. it is a very cool place to see. alot of artifacts and memorabilia. if anyone is in cleveland, and your a music fan, i highly suggest you visit it. i'll actually be going down next week for the 5th time to see the new stones exhibit. the down side of it to us is that we only get the inductions once every 3 years, and that half of the people in it are a complete joke. there's a ton of people like alex harvey, deep purple, jethro tull, gary moore, thin lizzy, golden earring, nils lofgren, moody blues, genesis, yes, three dog night, pat benatar, rickee lee jones, and joan jett, just to name a few, whom haven't even been considered yet. it's the ROCK hall, NOT the country, blues, motown, rap, or hip-hop hall. we may not be new york, L.A., or nashville, but cleveland was at one time a huge rock-n-roll town, and in alot of ways still is.

Last edited:
I am so excited to see The Replacements on there. Being a postpunk junkie back in my formative period, Paul Westerberg was always one of my favorite songwriters.

Considering the RRHoF isn't really even about Rock and Roll... All of 'em should be in there already.

I'm not trying to argue the semantics of the term "Rock & Roll". At this point I feel it's a generic term which encompasses all of popular music. What I'm referring to is the impact (some of) these bands have had on popular music. All great artists, don't get me wrong, but "Hall Of Fame" quality? I'm not so sure.

This.

The whole thing is a joke to me. Been there once, have no plans to ever go back (although I wouldn't mind the gift shop again).

I've read several accounts that say there is a handful of people (Jann Wenner in particular) who have veto power over who gets in - meaning even if an artist gets voted in, they can be denied by one of these people.

I'm with Shawn - I can accept the expanded definition of "rock and roll" - but there are a ton of artists who've been overlooked in favor of artists who are lesser known, less successful and less influential.

The fact that it took Black Sabbath - considered the founders of heavy metal - so long to get in is a prime indicator of how bogus the process is. Or Rush. Or Kiss. I'm sorry - I liked Donna Summer, but is she really more important to music than Black Sabbath? She may have been the first big disco star, but she didn't invent the genre.

I guess Yes, Peter Gabriel, and Deep Purple would get my vote...ok, and Nirvana. Not a fan, but they definitely inspired a generation to pick up guitars (or just look reeeeally angry all the time LOL). Check out the Meters if you are unfamiliar...they did some neat stuff. As fas as Jann Wenner, he was the idiot that was "outraged" after Alex Lifeson's blah-blah speach at their induction. I figured Neil and Geddy said all the PC stuff, and Alex had some fun. Rush fans understood. BTW: Nirvana fans, they'll be the first ones in this go-round. They've graced the cover of Rolling Stone almost as much as U2 or Pearl Jam, so they're a shoe-in.

The fact that Deep Purple and KISS aren't already in is just malpractice. I'm not even a KISS fan, but come on, that's ridiculous. I would say that Yes really ought to be in there too, but honestly, at this point the HoF is a joke. It took so long for a band like Rush to be inducted while Madonna, the Bee Gees, and Blondie were included, and that really exposes how capricious and worthless this "honor" is.

Last edited:
Just change the name to "Music" Hall of Fame cause thats what it is..

oh and one more thing: "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.....B....L.....A........H!"

I am so excited to see The Replacements on there. Being a postpunk junkie back in my formative period, Paul Westerberg was always one of my favorite songwriters.

I'm with you on that one. In true 'Mats fashion, they we will be bridesmaids, but never brides.

How Hall and Oates can receive more votes than Butterfield, The Meters, or even NWA is a real travesty.

The fact that it took Black Sabbath - considered the founders of heavy metal - so long to get in is a prime indicator of how bogus the process is...or Kiss

Black Sabbath didn't found heavy metal at all. The genre was literally named after Led Zeppelin - lead being a heavy metal, get it? When the first Led Zep album came out, it was the absolute heaviest thing anyone had ever heard. The Sabbaths and all the others came later, and followed Zeppelin; in Black Sabbath's case, their first album was released around the same time as Led Zeppelin's third album.

And "heavy metal" was a fairly derisive term at first, the critics (especially Rolling Stone) HATED Zep. It was meant to lump all the heavy bands together dismissively.

Black Sabbath was hardly taken seriously when they came out. I remember we used to laugh at their lyrics. It reminded me (and my circle of college friends) of The Crazy World of Arthur Brown-devil-novelty music. Which to me was akin to stuff like "The Monster Mash," and "Flying Purple People Eater."

Compared to Zep (I was not all that much of a Zep fan, though I liked their work) it seemed like bad imitation and was preposterously amateurish. It got better later on. I will go so far as to say that. But original? No. Intelligent? Only in a making-money from the I'm-bad-ass-in-middle-school-kids sense.

And Kiss? For real? Metal bubblegum. Purely exploitative copy-tainment.

++++++++++++

Tinkle Binkle & Periwinkle
101 Thatzallfolkx Towers
Suite 293597
Philadephia, Transylvania 59-Z-H33 (02) (4367) 6879.020476

From the desk of Percival Periwinkle

For immediate release:

We see that Mr. LSchefman has once again stepped on his own male equipment, and expressed his unwanted opinion sharing his unpopular musical taste with the world, thereby offending many. We are saddened by this, and wish to express our sincerest apology on behalf of LSchefman, who seems to lack the good sense to shut the F up regardless of our advice. Therefore, we are once again obliged to step in, and clean up the mess for this...person.

Clearly, the man is impossible, but we, his advisors, are not to blame. Therefore, we hereby reserve the right to withdraw as his public relations firm, especially since he has refused to honor our invoices for nearly 17 years. We think we have been very patient with this no-good, self-absorbed, madman, who thinks that he, and he alone, has the right to criticize everyone else's taste and judgment. Well, he doesn't!

To think that this miserable excuse for a human being would have the unmitigated hubris to inflict his opinions on the rest of humanity boggles the mind.

Oh look, we've done it again. We've criticized our very own client. But he deserves it! He is an idiot, a lout, a laggard, a parvenu! Who does he think he is!!!

Hang on a second...(whispered) What's that you say? He...paid our bill?

Ahem. Well, we are certain that this entire misunderstanding has been cleared up, and that LSchefman had no intention of ruffling any feathers, since he is our wonderful client. Therefore, we remain,

Tinkle, Binkle & Periwinkle

Percival P. Periwinkle, on behalf of the firm.

Last edited:
Hey Finding My Way.......Music...or just "entertainment" H o F...and well stated with the "blahs"...that's the best thing I've heard all day.!!!

Back