Rock & Roll HOF Inductees 2024

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
Here you go...if Cher, Mariah Carey, Sinead and Sade don't make it in, all together, then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is bogus, right? Because NOTHING says 'Rock and Roll' like these four...At least 2 of these 4 will be inducted, because you know...maybe even 3. All 4?...Not impossible, because, you know...

They should just get it over with and rename it to the "Music Hall of Fame" or something. There's nothing rock and roll about many of the inductees, and of course the nominees you just mentioned. It's a joke.

And I didn't even mention Rush!

They should just get it over with and rename it to the "Music Hall of Fame" or something. There's nothing rock and roll about many of the inductees, and of course the nominees you just mentioned. It's a joke.
I said this 20 years ago when they started inducting (bites tongue) rap "artists" while some of the greatest rock bands every were not in. it's a JOKE. Don't call it "Rock and Roll anything if you're going to inducted rap, hip hop, country, etc. Rename it "Music..." well, ok I won't say that so I don't start a fight. How about "Artist hall of fame?" No, that still chokes me to say, but it's WAY more accurate than "Rock and Roll."

Dionne Warwick says she ain't a Rock and Roller...

But the tag on story about who HASN'T been put in?...My solution: Just have them ALL put in and get this farce over with. In my opinion.

As the late great David Bowie once said:

Fame, puts you there where things are hollow

I think that sums it up, this "institution" is hollow and has lost all semblance to it's name and originally intended purpose.

That said, I LOVE "Tribe Called Quest" (one of this years inductees). They were one of the few hip hop groups who were out there spinnin' good vibes and message in the 90's and did it with style! But in my opinion, they do not belong in the "Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame". If so, then Ozzy should be nominated for the Country Music Hall Of Fame as well (and similar non category appropriate awards and inductions).

It's more of a critic's darling hall of fame. Don't get me wrong, I've bought plenty of music based on critics opinions but popularity and record sales count for a lot.

Here's the official list of inductees...

Really pleased to see Frampton there.
One hell of a musician even now in his somewhat debilitated state (IBM).
Still one hell of a show though and his fingers are still obeying him and while he can still play he intends to keep on touring.

Was in Ohio for a NFL hall of fame game some years ago, so we took a ride up and checked it out. Worst thing we could've done. I guess the expectations were too high because it was such hollow disappointment. Not sure which patrons are more disappointed though, there, or the ones that attend the football stadium next door...

Was in Ohio for a NFL hall of fame game some years ago, so we took a ride up and checked it out. Worst thing we could've done. I guess the expectations were too high because it was such hollow disappointment. Not sure which patrons are more disappointed though, there, or the ones that attend the football stadium next door...
Probably be about 15 years ago when I went. Was working in Cleveland and stuck there over the weekend and it was bloody freezing so why not we thought.
Soon found ourselves in the Hard Rock instead.
Never felt the need to try it again.

Really pleased to see Frampton there.
One hell of a musician even now in his somewhat debilitated state (IBM).
Still one hell of a show though and his fingers are still obeying him and while he can still play he intends to keep on touring.

Frampton was on Bob & Tom and said his band told him he's playing as well as ever, and his first thought was, "My band doesn't know music!"

R&R HOF used to be on my bucket list, but I dumped that years ago. Dolly Parton, fer cryin' out loud is even in it. It's either "politically correct" run amok, or the committee thinks they're running out of candidates. Either way, it's embarrassing now days. I'm reminded of a line from the Crankshaft comics series: "The more things change, the worse things get."

I am a Big Mama Thornton fan. Have been since I was a kid. Glad to see her get in. (Though I don't know if I would call it "rock and roll". That is about as pure a BLUES as you can get. But she does deserve recognition).
Yes, I'm way OK with a blues artist getting in. After all, the blues were a critical part of the foundation of rock 'n roll. But, for me, there's a line - and that line has been crossed lately. Fine - I don't have to go to Cleveland. I've replaced that item on my bucket list with Red Rocks.

Back