Real or fake?

Mustafa

Just found a prs se 35th anni but its a faded blue colourway and cant find another one to see if its real

Really hard to tell without photos. You will need to post 3 comments on this thread before you can post pics. Then we will be able to evaluate the guitar.

SEs are great guitars, but if one were to go to the trouble to make a fake, why wouldn’t they attempt to duplicate a core? Weird stuff. :confused:
That what i also thought but its better to be safe than sorry

That is almost certainly a REAL PRS SE. First indication is that its being sold and advertised by a Retailer - not some private individual - and no doubt offers protection (warranty, returns etc) and would be prosecuted for selling a Fake. From the pictures, everything looks genuine too - Although I do agree that the colour is somewhat unusual as PRS list it as available in Black Gold.

There is a 'small' chance it could be a very good fake - but without being able to check the serial number and the guitar in person, I would say that's most likely to be a genuine PRS SE in an unusual colour for that model - unless PRS are about to offer more colours for the latter half of their 35th Anniversary. The only 'alarm' to me is that colour but everything else seems Legit and I assume the Seller is a legit business too....

Most of them are black gold, but I did see a blue Floyd model on Reverb, also with a pretty substantial price cut.

The site has many avenues to contact them, and they seem open for you to call and discuss the guitar. It’s not my money being spent, but looks as safe as online buying is going to get, especially if you're in the UAE area.

Thanks for all the answers been playing guitar for 3 years but was never really satisfied with it because i like the electric sound and prs was the first one on my wishlist

Nothing wrong with a little due diligence, I haven't seen this color combination either but as another poster explained could be a geographic area specific model which I know is very common with PRS.

If I had my way, all my guitars would be blue. And yes, due diligence is always good. PRS has always done different colors to different areas, and even different runs in the SE line. Part of the fun of the chase.

Back