Question for you PRS experts regarding neck sizes on the S2 Custom 24-08’s & S2 Custom 24’s..

Rod/

Vibrato & String Bender
I see that this year both the S2 Custom 24-08 and Custom 24 have the pattern thin neck. Are there other years when those model guitars came (ideally) with a pattern Vintage neck (like my DGT), or a Pattern regular neck?

Pattern/Thin necks are the only no go for me. I have a S2 McCarty SC 594 with a Pattern/Vintage neck. The big surprise for me was the SE Hollowbody II, with a Pattern/Vintage neck. I bought one that actually seems closer to my core guitars, than my S2's.

Pattern/Thin necks are the only no go for me. I have a S2 McCarty SC 594 with a Pattern/Vintage neck. The big surprise for me was the SE Hollowbody II, with a Pattern/Vintage neck. I bought one that actually seems closer to my core guitars, than my S2's.
The pattern thin just doesn’t work for me either….What year is your S2 SC594? @chicagoslim .. thanks for that info..

Seeing PRS go to the thin neck for the S2 this year was disappointing to me, too. I'm glad I got a 2021 S2 with the pattern regular neck. I have quite a few guitars, with various neck shapes, fretboard radii, and fret sizes, and the PRS pattern regular is the most comfortable to me. Maybe it's a good thing-- now I won't be tempted to spend more money on a new one lol.

Back