Question about colour fading

Adding to the necromancy here to keep this old thread revived! Mwahaha!!!

Glad I found this thread! Just bought my first PRS off Reverb, in the mail now. Can't post pics or links cause I just started this account on this Forum :)

Anyways, I bought a 1994 Custom 24 Trem. Once it shows up on my doorstep I'm gonna confirm what color it started out as, but I'm guessing at one point it was a Violet color that's faded into a not quite red, not quite orange, not quite pink, somewhere in between it all. Rosy is a good description. The colors when fresh out of the factory are absolutely gorgeous, but I personally love the aspect of a nearly 30 year old guitar settling into it's final color as if it has character to it by experience. The case queen vintage guitars that look like they just left the factory are not my thing since I find it to be a waste of a fine instrument to be relegated to being a glorified statue instead of being used to create music to make people happy, whether that's just the owner or a million listeners.

Adding to the necromancy here to keep this old thread revived! Mwahaha!!!

Glad I found this thread! Just bought my first PRS off Reverb, in the mail now. Can't post pics or links cause I just started this account on this Forum :)

Anyways, I bought a 1994 Custom 24 Trem. Once it shows up on my doorstep I'm gonna confirm what color it started out as, but I'm guessing at one point it was a Violet color that's faded into a not quite red, not quite orange, not quite pink, somewhere in between it all. Rosy is a good description. The colors when fresh out of the factory are absolutely gorgeous, but I personally love the aspect of a nearly 30 year old guitar settling into it's final color as if it has character to it by experience. The case queen vintage guitars that look like they just left the factory are not my thing since I find it to be a waste of a fine instrument to be relegated to being a glorified statue instead of being used to create music to make people happy, whether that's just the owner or a million listeners.
Congrats on your first, and welcome to the forum.

Back