PTC Prowess

The work is great Shawn ... But ... Wouldn't it have been easier, stornger, faster, sturdier ... and less expensive to just replace the whole neck and fretboard?

Easier and faster perhaps, but Scott reinforced the neck so it's probably stronger than new.

Also, when we started this up, Paul made it clear that we didn't sell replacement necks or bodies, so if we can't repair it, it would need to be scrapped. BTW- we have never seen a guitar we could not repair. Maybe that day will come, but the PTC guys are some of the best in the world and it would have to be something really astonishing if it's going to defeat them.

Great to know we can obliterate our guitars and you'll always be able to put them back together again!

Also, when we started this up, Paul made it clear that we didn't sell replacement necks or bodies,

Do you know what his reasoning was behind that stance? It seems like there would be a lot of interest around neck upgrades/replacements.
Just curious.

I am still in shock with this repair. Even knowing it is reinforced I don't think I coud dare to adjust the truss rod again if it was mine. :violin:

Do you know what his reasoning was behind that stance? It seems like there would be a lot of interest around neck upgrades/replacements.
Just curious.

We are first and foremost a guitar and amp manufacturer, we don't want to become a seller of wholesale parts/pieces. Others have filled that niche in the marketplace nicely.

I feel like Scott was sent away years ago to some mountain in eastern Asia to train on the ancient arts of instrument ninja-ry - much like Bruce Wayne did.

I feel like Scott was sent away years ago to some mountain in eastern Asia to train on the ancient arts of instrument ninja-ry - much like Bruce Wayne did.
yeah, but since Scott didn't have to fight crime, he became the Ultimate Master and learned the art of bringing back to life dead things. From guitars to people.

we have never seen a guitar we could not repair. Maybe that day will come, but the PTC guys are some of the best in the world and it would have to be something really astonishing if it's going to defeat them.

I think the PTC is amazing. I do have a memory of one that you could not fix though. This was before the PTC opened, but I know of a guy who sent his Cu24 to you and you had to tell him you could not fix it. It was in a house fire and though it was not burned, the case had water damage and you said the guitar had dried out in the heat so much that it was not rocoverable. This was about 2008 I think.

Last edited:
This was before the PTC opened, but I know of a guy who sent his Cu24 to you and you had to tell him you could not fix it. It was in a house fire and though it was not burned you said it had dried out in the heat so much that it was not rocoverable. This was about 2008 I think.

If I recall correctly, the heat caused the top to split and it couldn't be fixed to our standards. It would have been fine if we painted it an opaque color, but the centerline would always show signs of seperation if the color was left translucent.

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;30050 said:
:top:

IMG_0012.jpg

that's what I am talking about

Back