PTC Prowess

Great work Shawn and the team. How about you guys come over to the UK for a month every year and do all the PTC work that Europe wants doing? Or will I get that Ravens ring in my chops for asking again?

Some of you may remember this refin we did for The Mike. He documented it online a few months back, but it's so awesome it's worth sharing again.

This started life as a nice looking Royal Blue Custom 22
IMG_0556.jpg

But ended up being an amazing Beast!
IMG_0794.jpg

Top detail
IMG_0795.jpg

Back detail
IMG_0798.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. PTC turned a beat up CU22 I had got with dreams of making it usuable, and turned it into a guitar that I couldn't even dream of. When I opened the case I was literally speechless for a few minutes. Shawn's photos are a little harsh on the color because of the ultraviolet lighting in the factory, but trust me when I say that I have never seen this kind of detail in a guitar finish before. From the seemless color blending, to the sandingout of the charcoal, to the verticle striations of the natural wood color. Photos do it 0 justice, but its my most prized possession and the leader of the pack out of my PRSi.

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

You can't even tell but its loaded with a Graphtech Piezo system. The wiring and harnessing job Skitchy did was FLAWLESS. You can't see any wires or clues that its not just regular saddles. He also custom made a battery door to make changes easy!

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

and lastly I leave you with my favorite photo. Its the back plate signed by everyone who worked on the guitar. Hours of details, and hard work done by a group of people I would consider personal friends. It's because of these guys and the passion they have that has won me over as a PRS player for life and made me realize that its not just a company......

IMG_1167.JPG

Last edited:
And no, that guitar was NOT a 10 top. Just a regular, production guitar ;)

I wish all blue guitars looked like that one.

PTC knocked it out of the park. We did a lot of cool stuff on it including the piezo system, Bareknucle Pickups (Aftermaths), and also the charcoal binding. PRS must have gotten plenty of calls becuase about 2 months later there were a couple of production models that implimented the finish concepts from our guitar :) The color originally was created by Private Stock. Emil's modern eagle, a single cut and also a 513 were the original models with this finish.

I would kill to work for PRS especially the PTC department. I think I would be excited to go to work everyday

that is such a clean conversion!

I keep thinking about sending my ce24 over to get a new fretboard with birds, I think carriage would come to a small fortune thats all that puts me off

I would kill to work for PRS especially the PTC department. I think I would be excited to go to work everyday

that is such a clean conversion!

I keep thinking about sending my ce24 over to get a new fretboard with birds, I think carriage would come to a small fortune thats all that puts me off

Lets not forget the fact that you're halfway around the world from the Factory hahahah

This makes me think about doing crazy things with my custom 22. Badass guitar Mike and another great job done by the PTC :top:

Back