PRS vendors can order limited runs of SE Custom 22s

JMH

Hello,

I was browsing a used guitar website and found that PRS vendors can order limited runs of SE Custom 22s and select the features that they want. The result can be a more affordable PRS guitar that has a combination of features only found on more expensive ones.

I'm in contact with a music store that did such a run of 25 guitars and they all sold out. Other than the finish, it was the perfect guitar for me. Oh well. They say they're doing another run next year, but I'm reaching out to see if any other venders plan on custom runs sooner. Please let me know what you think.

Just in case you're wondering, my perfect PRS is:
1) semi hollowbody
2) bound wide/thin neck
3) wrap around bridge or LP type
4) split coil humbuckers

I'm flexible on the other features. :)

thanks,
JMH

There have been several of these in various models, done by multiple vendors. Keep an eye on the used market as they pop up from time to time.

There have been several of these in various models, done by multiple vendors. Keep an eye on the used market as they pop up from time to time.
Yup. My SE Zach Myers with Spalted Maple top is one from 2014, for example. Not sure how long PRS has been doing this, but at least well over 6 years now.

Thanks for your feedback.

If anyone knows of a vendor planning a limited edition, please let me know. I'd like to try and influence the features they pick.

regards,
JMH

Back