PRS Throwback Series Guitars - Guitar Center

Tbone55

Hey There,

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Throwback Series guitars built as a custom run for Guitar Center by PRS? I have a set of pickups that I was finally able to identify as having come from one of these guitars and PRS can't provide me with a wiring diagram. They apparently don't keep information about special runs, only their regular production runs.

The neck and bridge pickup wirng polarity is opposite to what you normally would see with other PRS pickups or their documentation shows. A member (Garrett) was kind enough to provide me a wiring diagram and suggested that I just swap the white and black wire connections as shown. This seemed to work but the neck humbucker had a very weak and brittle sound. When I switched to the middle and neck position they seemed to sound fine. This leads me to believe that the neck pickup is wired in reverse but I thnk if I reverse the connections then the neck screw coil wll be active in single coil mode instead of the slug.

I'm hoping that one of the members will be able to provide me with some information to help resolve my dilemma. I may have to send the pickup down to PRS to have it checked but would like to verify how they're hooked up before doing so.

Here's hoping. Thanks.

I created a diagram for those pickups because I had the same problem. I’ll post a copy in this thread when I get home on the 30th (unless you solve it before then).
That's great! Thanks so much. It's not likely I'll solve this puzzle before then. Even the regular PRS wiring diagram for the Dragon II's that came in my guitar seem over complicated for coil splitting. All the diagrams I've seen from other pickup manufacturers seem really straight forward.

Thanks again.

Back