PRS Special Semi-Hollow - Meant to be...

andy009

PRS has always been on my list of guitars but I'm very particular in what I wanted. My mom recently passed and I was able to finally afford my holy grail and I know she is smiling from above.

Non 10 top but looked so good. Found out it was originally a Wood Library special order that just did not make the cut in the end. Not sure why as it looks stunning in person. Custom black sunburst color that is my absolute favourite on a PRS. Final plus was 57/08 pickups, installed and confirmed by PRS by accident. If this find was not meant to be then I don't know what it was :)

Very special thanks to Josh at Metronome Music who went above and beyond for me, doubled up by Mike Robb at PRS who accommodated my requests while dealing with many other more important issues. Forever grateful to you both and nice to have some happy moments after dealing with some numbing grief as of late.

IMG-5953.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! That top has excellent figure, sometimes those “non-10” graded tops turn out pretty awesome when the guitar is finished.

Really cool to have the 57/08’s, too… the 58/15’s are cool, but I’d never turn down a set of 57/08’s, either.

Congrats! Special SH rock! My condolences about your mother. May she be watching over you above.

PRS has always been on my list of guitars but I'm very particular in what I wanted. My mom recently passed and I was able to finally afford my holy grail and I know she is smiling from above.

Non 10 top but looked so good. Found out it was originally a Wood Library special order that just did not make the cut in the end. Not sure why as it looks stunning in person. Custom black sunburst color that is my absolute favourite on a PRS. Final plus was 57/08 pickups, installed and confirmed by PRS by accident. If this find was not meant to be then I don't know what it was :)

Very special thanks to Josh at Metronome Music who went above and beyond for me, doubled up by Mike Robb at PRS who accommodated my requests while dealing with many other more important issues. Forever grateful to you both and nice to have some happy moments after dealing with some numbing grief as of late.

IMG-5953.jpg
Nice.
My prayers for you and your family.

Beautiful guitar. That's enough flame to satisfy me!

Interesting that the neck pickup is reversed in it's mounting ring so that the screw coils are nearer to the middle of the guitar. That's stock?

My '97 CE22 came to me that way and it turned out I liked the single coil tones much better with the pickup reversed like that.

It puts the stronger humbucking coil, the STUD polepiece coil, nearer the neck and that gives it a deeper tone.

Last edited:
Seems like it suits you perfectly so maybe it was it's Destiny to end up in your hands. I hope she eases the Pain of your Loss and help keep the positive memories alive everytime you play...

Back