PRS sig on S2 control cavity cover?

spawnofthesith

Just curious if this denotes anything in particular? my recently acquired S2 594 has it, I know it was a special dealer order but that is about all the info I have.

Nope. It just means that someone took that backplate to a location that Paul was speaking at. After he's done, he always signs anything you want him to. Lots of people bring backplates with them to have it signed. I took a guitar with me to one of his events at Chicago Music Exchange and had him sign it.

Nope. It just means that someone took that backplate to a location that Paul was speaking at. After he's done, he always signs anything you want him to. Lots of people bring backplates with them to have it signed. I took a guitar with me to one of his events at Chicago Music Exchange and had him sign it.

Huh, interesting! I presumed it was just screen printed on there or whatever like the headstocks. But if its an actually paul signature thats some nifty trivia :D

Huh, interesting! I presumed it was just screen printed on there or whatever like the headstocks. But if its an actually paul signature thats some nifty trivia :D
Some people have sprayed a clear coat over the plate to preserve the signature. If you play the guitar a lot having it rub against your body can wear it off. That is why I asked them to have him sign the back of my headstock. That won't take any wear.

He also will sign them with a To: and the person's name many times.

Some people have sprayed a clear coat over the plate to preserve the signature. If you play the guitar a lot having it rub against your body can wear it off. That is why I asked them to have him sign the back of my headstock. That won't take any wear.

He also will sign them with a To: and the person's name many times.
I did this on a backplate. It's a good idea.

Back