Why don’t they inset the control covers on S2?

Making the cut is easy. As @sergiodeblanc said, it's all of the extra finishing steps around that cut that take time and money.
The minimum wage per hour in Indonesia is $29,000 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) which amounts to a $1.85 in US Currency. How much would it cost for this. I have a 2019 SE Standard that was made in Indonesia and the electronics plate is recessed and the tremolo plate is not.

You could cut the plate to recess (
not on the playground..lol)...and glue it to a thin sheet of aluminum or similar...with the sheet being just large enough to create a flange to accept the screws.

You could get really tacky and apply a woodgrain contact paper on it...or stickers!!
Yeah. ....stickers!
;-)

The minimum wage per hour in Indonesia is $29,000 IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) which amounts to a $1.85 in US Currency. How much would it cost for this. I have a 2019 SE Standard that was made in Indonesia and the electronics plate is recessed and the tremolo plate is not.

I see what you are saying, but we don't have enough info to be able to follow the maths all the way out. We are also not plugged into the conversation on the what/when/why's of the decisions being made on why the trem plate isn't recessed. I don't know... but it will almost always be a decision based on profit. Maybe it only saves $3 US per guitar... or $.50... or $.03... but someone decided somewhere that it wasn't important enough to spend that money on.

It looks like all the newest SE models don't have recessed plates. No big deal for me. I like my DGT SE.

I'm with you. They don't make a lick of difference while I'm playing it.... but I wish is was recessed. I don't like it when I look at it. Doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but to someone in the line of business, it was. And for the money I spent on the SE compared to my core? It doesn't keep me up at night. lol

I’d rather have an extra 5 minutes spent on the neck than recessed plates. As long as the edges of the plates are beveled, I don’t care. Your custom shop strats don’t have recessed plates.
I get what you're saying....
But, it takes a CNC router 5 seconds to recess the cavity.

The more I learn about PRS, the more I realize, they're all over the place. I don't know how you guys keep up...but, I'm glad you do.

I vote only insetting the control cavity covers/pickup selectors. I actually prefer no backplate on tremolo cavities. I never keep them on my strats

So CNC, so we are talking a minor tweak to the routing program. Other companies do it, even cheapo ones. It's not a deal breaker but it's definitely something that bugs me on an otherwise high quality instrument.

The benefit of having the plate raised is that it makes it easier to remove and access control cavity. No need to pry the shield off or wiggle it off by shaking the guitar. I doubt it’s a cost issue since it would only add a few more seconds to CNC routing.

None of my SEs has a recessed trem plate.

It has never bothered me, primarily because I think of TRCs and trem pack plates to be like those plastic plugs you stick in electrical sockets to keep infants from killing themselves.

Once everyone is over the age of 6 years old you’re supposed to throw ‘em away like those three-legged plastic stand thingy that comes on your pizza to keep the lid off the cheese.

Somebody ask Paul. And suggest moving the control cavity to the front. We can use pick guards instead on the front. But the front must be cnc to get the guards even with the wood. Fender has done us dirty for nearly 80 years

Back