Sometimes they find us... S2 NGD (belated)

Congrats! Just got my first PRS this week, a S2 594 SC. I agree regarding the sustain, those .010's just ring forever.

I wasn't super happy with the pups initially either but lighter strings helped somewhat with the muddiness. I'll see how well I can tweak my FM9 modeler settings over the next few weeks. When you switched yours out did you change the pots or any of the other electronics?

Congrats! Just got my first PRS this week, a S2 594 SC. I agree regarding the sustain, those .010's just ring forever.

I wasn't super happy with the pups initially either but lighter strings helped somewhat with the muddiness. I'll see how well I can tweak my FM9 modeler settings over the next few weeks. When you switched yours out did you change the pots or any of the other electronics?

No, just the pickups. I wouldn’t say the stock pickups are bad, but there’s a definite clarity to the LT’s that I was spoiled by on the core model, and wanted to have.

What a great score! I don't know how I missed the post before - but...I did.

I love that you put the new pickups in it. I'll bet any swirl marks are from the shop, not the factory.
Hey, if anyone understands late replies, missed posts, whatever, it’s me! I’m sitting here waiting for little dude to go to sleep so I can listen to your latest piece.

Back