PRS SE CUSTOM - Fake or Original???

Both appear to be real PRS SE's. I am guessing they were made for the Asian Market. The Red one in Japan dates to 2020 appears to be in good shape. Although the Truss Rod Cover appears rater worn for such a new guitar. The Blue One is in Australia and appears to also be in good shape for its age (2012). Price seems a bit high including shipping, and you may have a long wait as these go through customs on both ends. Is there any SE's available in the EU that grab your attention?

I tried to see the number, but I didn't find anyone with that number . Are only American guitars registered? p.s. Sorry friends for my english!

Both appear to be real PRS SE's. I am guessing they were made for the Asian Market. The Red one in Japan dates to 2020 appears to be in good shape. Although the Truss Rod Cover appears rater worn for such a new guitar. The Blue One is in Australia and appears to also be in good shape for its age (2012). Price seems a bit high including shipping, and you may have a long wait as these go through customs on both ends. Is there any SE's available in the EU that grab your attention?
Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with everything @Wakester said. You can get a brand new SE CU for less than the ones you posted here. I believe Thomann ships to Latvia. They have a very good reputation and customer service from what friends have told me. https://www.thomann.de/gr/prs_sg_models.html

I tried to see the number, but I didn't find anyone with that number . Are only American guitars registered? p.s. Sorry friends for my english!
The Serial number is on the back of the headstock just below the 2 lines that say it was made by World Instruments Corp. in Korea. If you purchase a PRS guitar, you can go to the main website to register that serial number. I would assume, if the guitar has already been registered, you would get a notification.

here is a link to help figure out the serial number date code:
PRS Guitars | Year Identification

Hello and welcome to the forum. I agree with everything @Wakester said. You can get a brand new SE CU for less than the ones you posted here. I believe Thomann ships to Latvia. They have a very good reputation and customer service from what friends have told me. https://www.thomann.de/gr/prs_sg_models.html
Hello bro Black-Viper75! I heard about Thomann, but I want the guitar to be made in either the USA or Korea, don't want to be made in china or indonesia. What do you think about this? Best regards Igor(GekFin)

Hello bro Black-Viper75! I heard about Thomann, but I want the guitar to be made in either the USA or Korea, don't want to be made in china or indonesia. What do you think about this? Best regards Igor(GekFin)
New SE models are made in a dedicated factory in Indonesia by CorTek. They’re great. I own a core Wood Library and just bought my second SE Zach Myers made in that factory. PRS SE acoustics and the Hollowbody are made in China and I hear are also great.

New SE models are made in a dedicated factory in Indonesia by CorTek. They’re great. I own a core Wood Library and just bought my second SE Zach Myers made in that factory. PRS SE acoustics and the Hollowbody are ma de in China and I hear are also great.
Thank you Ovibos! I will search on European sites! Of course I want to buy a cool guitar from America, but I’m only 2000 $ for guitar(if I spend more, my wife will kill me!)

The Serial number is on the back of the headstock just below the 2 lines that say it was made by World Instruments Corp. in Korea. If you purchase a PRS guitar, you can go to the main website to register that serial number. I would assume, if the guitar has already been registered, you would get a notification.

here is a link to help figure out the serial number date code:
PRS Guitars | Year Identification
Thank you friend!!!

I bought a 35th Anniversary SE CU24 about a year ago. It's made in Indonesia. It plays like a much more expensive guitar. The only problem was the nut giving me some tuning issues which I replaced and this made the instrument play and feel even better. You can see my thoughts on my 35th SE CU here https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/prs-35th-anniversary-se-custom-24-my-review.43920/

This video will give an informative look at what goes on at the PRS SE Factory in Indonesia

I also happen to have an old Cort X-6 which is 20 years old. It was also made in Indonesia and still plays like a monster. Much better than other more expensive super strats that I've tried over the years. So in my experience I've been surprisingly very satisfied with both both of these Indonesia built guitars.

Back