PRS PS #5905 - wood selection.

Looking forward to it!

i just realized I never heard the end result of your dilemma. I've never seen such agony over a backplate, but with that back it's easy to see why.
Ha, no kidding. Getting final quote with & without- then there's the issue of if its even thick enough to be able to do it. We'll see.

Outstanding built V, this top is unbelievable
some pictures didn't open on my IPad so I couldn't see what you
chose for the fretboard, what color did you decide for the top?
is it that gorgeous blue from the piece of backplate?
In any case it is going to be a spectacular build
thanks for including us with your trip of dreams

Outstanding built V, this top is unbelievable
some pictures didn't open on my IPad so I couldn't see what you
chose for the fretboard, what color did you decide for the top?
is it that gorgeous blue from the piece of backplate?
In any case it is going to be a spectacular build
thanks for including us with your trip of dreams
Yeah the board is a crazy Brazilian rosewood with lots light and dark shades the blue piece is triple fade indigo. Mine will be a little lighter and more washed out than that. Not sure what they're calling it- maybe quadruple faded indigo.

It'll look more like Winter Gray than Faded Indigo after a 4 x fade.

Vaughn do you agree?
Yes, the darkest highlights will be blue-ish. More washed and faded than the color sample pictured. Don't worry Serg, the "blue" will subdued:)

Wow! Choosing between all those planks would drive me insane! Flames, or quilt? Quilt, or flames? Ahhhhh!! They would throw me out of the factory. Gotta love a faded blue quilt top - should be a sweet NGD thread!

Vaughn, I really like the reverse chevron pattern in your top. Great choice. That mahogany back is very nice, too. Gonna be a good one!
Yeah Phenny, I was really wanting some chevy on this one. It was tough though cause there were some really cool straight tubular ones as well.

Whew! Looks like you were working hard choosing your wood. Looks almost overwhelming.
Congrats!
Ha! I spent more time laboring over that quilted hog back. I had no intention of doing anything crazy on the back. I couldn't resist the temptation though. The spirit bird made me do it!

Yeah the board is a crazy Brazilian rosewood with lots light and dark shades the blue piece is triple fade indigo. Mine will be a little lighter and more washed out than that. Not sure what they're calling it- maybe quadruple faded indigo.

finally I was able to see the fretboard and neck they are insane indeed,also triple faded indigo was was my initial thought but "quadruple"
threw me off, I dig what you are going with this color it will be striking, sorry to hammer you with question, what birds did you go for?
and did you mention what pups did you choose?

Geez, guess if I had followed through with Brian on a PS, I could have hitched a ride with you. Looks like it may happen at the end of August though if things go well :) (I'm still getting heat from the Vela I just bought, odd that she's not riding me about the 408 or cu24 considering I could have bought 8 Velas for the cost of those, lol).

Looks great though, can't wait to see it done!! If it's not thick enough, just tell them you want it thin like those ridiculously thin Ibanez S-series guitars, lol.

Back