PRS PS #5905 - wood selection.

It'll look more like Winter Gray than Faded Indigo after a 4 x fade.

Vaughn do you agree?

Yes, the darkest highlights will be blue-ish. More washed and faded than the color sample pictured. Don't worry Serg, the "blue" will subdued:)

No. It will be a moderately happy guitar.

Mm hmmm.
I was just checking 'cause I know grey is Vaughan's thing... Although with the amount of outdoor shows he's been playin' lately I'm not too worried about the residual blue lasting very long. :rock:

Vaughn - that top is just evilly bitching! I saw the evil face in the quilt - now I have to go back to look for Catwoman (although, if all goes as planned, I'm going to meet Julie Newmar next week, but that's another story).

I can't wait to see the finished product from this one, too.

All three of you picked out some awesomeness - just hope there's some left when my time comes!

Geez, guess if I had followed through with Brian on a PS, I could have hitched a ride with you. Looks like it may happen at the end of August though if things go well :) (I'm still getting heat from the Vela I just bought, odd that she's not riding me about the 408 or cu24 considering I could have bought 8 Velas for the cost of those, lol).

Looks great though, can't wait to see it done!! If it's not thick enough, just tell them you want it thin like those ridiculously thin Ibanez S-series guitars, lol.
Ha, you wouldn't have wanted the "ride" back, being stuck in Detroit over night!

finally I was able to see the fretboard and neck they are insane indeed,also triple faded indigo was was my initial thought but "quadruple"
threw me off, I dig what you are going with this color it will be striking, sorry to hammer you with question, what birds did you go for?
and did you mention what pups did you choose?
Nah, ask away! Paua birds with thin MOP outline. Although, I had considered switching to 20th birds since this will be done on my 20th year playing PRS. Going with \m/ bridge and 5909 neck pickups.

Geez, guess if I had followed through with Brian on a PS, I could have hitched a ride with you. Looks like it may happen at the end of August though if things go well :) (I'm still getting heat from the Vela I just bought, odd that she's not riding me about the 408 or cu24 considering I could have bought 8 Velas for the cost of those, lol).

Looks great though, can't wait to see it done!! If it's not thick enough, just tell them you want it thin like those ridiculously thin Ibanez S-series guitars, lol.

finally I was able to see the fretboard and neck they are insane indeed,also triple faded indigo was was my initial thought but "quadruple"
threw me off, I dig what you are going with this color it will be striking, sorry to hammer you with question, what birds did you go for?
and did you mention what pups did you choose?

Mm hmmm.
I was just checking 'cause I know grey is Vaughan's thing... Although with the amount of outdoor shows he's been playin' lately I'm not too worried about the residual blue lasting very long. :rock:
Lol. Imma gonna call Tina and have her switch it to royal blue just for you;)

Vaughn - that top is just evilly bitching! I saw the evil face in the quilt - now I have to go back to look for Catwoman (although, if all goes as planned, I'm going to meet Julie Newmar next week, but that's another story).

I can't wait to see the finished product from this one, too.

All three of you picked out some awesomeness - just hope there's some left when my time comes!
well it's likely the same part...I thought demon, someone else said cat woman

Damn, now I want a catwoman (or just cat) quilt, and figure out a way with stain to accentuate the cat ears.

Indeed, that is going to be a nice build and one to treasure for a long time. Enjoy.
I didn't see a demon or catwoman ... I did see a bunch of "bubble universes".

Looks like Brian has taken over from Brent as one of the "goto" custom build guys. Which is a good thing, 'cause he has the knack ... or is it knackers (lol).

Last edited:
I see a grateful dead skull in the middle.

Absolutely gorgeous stuff. Congrats and can't wait to see the final result.

Cheers.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It was an awesome experience and the wait is gonna be rough. Time has flown by so far this year, hopefully that continues:)

Looks excellent Vaughn. I think you will be pleased with the finished product. The guys from the PS department can produce some unbelievable stuff. What inlay style and material have you chosen?

The awesome is just starting.
Opening that case for the first time is incredible.
I don't even get photos sent before I pick it up.
Ha, I don't think I'll be able to do that. I'll go crazier than I already am. I'm only a week in!

Looks excellent Vaughn. I think you will be pleased with the finished product. The guys from the PS department can produce some unbelievable stuff. What inlay style and material have you chosen?
Paua center with thin MOP outlines. I've had 2nd thoughts that maybe I should change it to the 20th anni birds since this guitar is scheduled to be done on my 20th year playing PRS. I'm torn. Love the 20th and old school birds. I had thought about putting the 20th 12th fret pair on the neck heel as well, with the regular birds on the board.

Paua center with thin MOP outlines. I've had 2nd thoughts that maybe I should change it to the 20th anni birds since this guitar is scheduled to be done on my 20th year playing PRS. I'm torn. Love the 20th and old school birds. I had thought about putting the 20th 12th fret pair on the neck heel as well, with the regular birds on the board.

Love the decorated heels!!! I think the 20th birds would be a nice touch too.

I love the 20th birds. The only thing I don't love is the normal 12th fret bird is absent. Then, I'd feel like I'd HAVE to put the 12th fret bird on the heel...which = mo' money.

Very cool, I've always liked the 20th birds, and the heel cap decoration is always a nice touch. As hard as the waiting is, the decisions over the seemingly endless inlay options is pretty tough too.

Ha, you wouldn't have wanted the "ride" back, being stuck in Detroit over night!

Nah, ask away! Paua birds with thin MOP outline. Although, I had considered switching to 20th birds since this will be done on my 20th year playing PRS. Going with \m/ bridge and 5909 neck pickups.
this combo will make her a screaming monster, as for the birds both are killer inlays IMHO

can't wait to see the masterpiece , droolin' already

I've decided to go with 20th birds on the fretboard and the old school 12th fret bird on the neck heel.

Back