PRS Private Stock Custom Form/Menu

Right...I was only referring to Anniversary models.

But yeah, a couple Experience guitars had them, as well. Do you still have yours?
Got it! No, I sold the 2018 (Paul's) when I got the 2020 (ME-V) because it became redundant. Sold the ME-V in late April when I was going from 20 to 7. Should have kept it. I'm watching a couple now. One of these days I'll add one back. If it is an ME, it's gotta have a Rosewood neck!

How are we in 2022 and a giant company like PRS doesn't have an app or something that lets you spec a guitar and see it in real time? Madness. "Contact a dealer" is a 1980's answer.

Yes, you can still get a 35th Anniversary Custom 24 with the abalone Eagle on the headstock, along with abalone Bird inlays on the neck with Paul's Guitar/C24-08 switching. They key is finding one with a Quilted Ten Top.

Cheers

Until recently, Private Stock seemed to be such a truly bespoke arena as to make an options list a simple limitation. Scroll back on these PS posts and count the guitars that only the owner could imagine. They’re all over the place. “If you dream it they can make it” is still possible, but a bit more confined these days in the interest of efficiency. That said, I’d recommend making your list of specs according to your dream guitar, show it to a dealer and find out what they’ll accept and what they won’t. You always miss the shots you don’t take.

Got it! No, I sold the 2018 (Paul's) when I got the 2020 (ME-V) because it became redundant. Sold the ME-V in late April when I was going from 20 to 7. Should have kept it. I'm watching a couple now. One of these days I'll add one back. If it is an ME, it's gotta have a Rosewood neck!
Right on! Yeah, the MEV's have been on my "really wanna try that" list since they launched.

And I agree, though, the ME needs a rosewood neck.

Or you could just buy a Santana and the Eagle comes stock:p
Honestly, a Santana is likely the next one I add to my collection. I've never tried one, though...so I'm curious about the neck profile. Also, I'll most likely need one with the volume/tone knobs in a position comparable to the rest of the PRS line. For what I do, especially in live situations, I feel like I need that volume knob close.

Which Santana was it that had that control layout? Was it the Santana II? There was also the Santana MD, which I I'm kinda curious about.

Right on! Yeah, the MEV's have been on my "really wanna try that" list since they launched.

And I agree, though, the ME needs a rosewood neck.

Honestly, a Santana is likely the next one I add to my collection. I've never tried one, though...so I'm curious about the neck profile. Also, I'll most likely need one with the volume/tone knobs in a position comparable to the rest of the PRS line. For what I do, especially in live situations, I feel like I need that volume knob close.

Which Santana was it that had that control layout? Was it the Santana II? There was also the Santana MD, which I I'm kinda curious about.
You are correct. The Santana II and MD had a more traditional knob layout. I don't really know much about the MD, other than it exists. You get used to that knob layout pretty quick, though. It looks weird, and you automatically feel like it's going to be too far away. But, in reality, they're not really positioned any differently than the bottom two knobs on a 4 knob layout.

How are we in 2022 and a giant company like PRS doesn't have an app or something that lets you spec a guitar and see it in real time? Madness. "Contact a dealer" is a 1980's answer.
Does Fender or Gibson have that app? Pretty certain you’re going to run into a ton of problems with that with the amount of guitars they produce. You’d have to have someone constantly maintaining that. There are times when certain things like quilted maple become unavailable.
Also, PRS and most companies don’t sell direct to customers. I don’t think you idea is bad, but not for actually placing the order. You would probably end up seeing less options than currently available.

You are correct. The Santana II and MD had a more traditional knob layout. I don't really know much about the MD, other than it exists. You get used to that knob layout pretty quick, though. It looks weird, and you automatically feel like it's going to be too far away. But, in reality, they're not really positioned any differently than the bottom two knobs on a 4 knob layout.

Man, I wish there were more local stores to me that carried a wide selection of PRS guitars. We have a couple dealers here in my general area, but nothing spectacular, and certainly nobody carrying Santana models. Our local Guitar Center used to have quite the selection (Santanas, 513's, Korina McCarty's, 305's) maybe ten years ago, but even they have completely downsized their inventory.

My best bet for PRS guitars is one locally owned shop who gets them in, but their selection is mostly SE focused on heavily dependent on trade-ins.

All that being said, I really wanna try one of these! It sounds right up my alley in terms of number of frets, scale length, and balance.

Hopefully, I'm no derailing the thread too much....

Man, I wish there were more local stores to me that carried a wide selection of PRS guitars. We have a couple dealers here in my general area, but nothing spectacular, and certainly nobody carrying Santana models. Our local Guitar Center used to have quite the selection (Santanas, 513's, Korina McCarty's, 305's) maybe ten years ago, but even they have completely downsized their inventory.

My best bet for PRS guitars is one locally owned shop who gets them in, but their selection is mostly SE focused on heavily dependent on trade-ins.

All that being said, I really wanna try one of these! It sounds right up my alley in terms of number of frets, scale length, and balance.

Hopefully, I'm no derailing the thread too much....

Hello, fellow KC'er.

I frequently go on Guitar Safaris (tip of the hat to Joe B for the term) to Dallas, Nashville etc. because of this exact problem. The JoCo GC will have an S2 if you're lucky.

Are you talking about Muddy River? Love those guys over there.

Part of the frustration of my previous post (contact a dealer) is this exact problem we have. I have been waiting for months for a local Suhr dealer to get back to me with custom order options. For PRS, Eddie's in St Louis is probably our closest best bet.

Hello, fellow KC'er.

I frequently go on Guitar Safaris (tip of the hat to Joe B for the term) to Dallas, Nashville etc. because of this exact problem. The JoCo GC will have an S2 if you're lucky.

Part of the frustration of my previous post (contact a dealer) is this exact problem we have. I have been waiting for months for a local Suhr dealer to get back to me with custom order options. For PRS, Eddie's in St Louis is probably our closest best bet.
Ha! That's awesome you're in KC as well!

Yep, you hit the nail on the head...JoCo GC is pretty much a bust on PRS products, the one up North is even worse. Supposedly, the Independence GC carries a decent selection, but I'm never out that way.

Yeah, Muddy River is who I was referring to....been dealing with those guys for years, back when it was DeWitt music, then Guitar Source, then Guitar Dock, and now Muddy River. Steve and I will talk PRS until our faces are blue. :p

I've been wanting to visit Eddie's as well....the wife and I have talked about taking the boys out to St. Louis, and that is one place that would definitely be on the itinerary!

Hello, fellow KC'er.

I get the frustration. Months? I wouldn’t have waited more than a few days before moving on. There are lots of dealers who will give you options and quotes fairly promptly. I’ve heard good things on Eddie’s but haven’t been there. I’ve bought plenty through dealers online, just told them what I was looking for.

I get the frustration. Months? I wouldn’t have waited more than a few days before moving on. There are lots of dealers who will give you options and quotes fairly promptly. I’ve heard good things on Eddie’s but haven’t been there. I’ve bought plenty through dealers online, just told them what I was looking for.
Yeah, the only issue is this is the only Suhr dealer local to me. I've been on them several times and they never got back to me...oh well. I'm much less motivated to try to work with an out of town dealer due to the nature of communication, etc.

I am finding it difficult to find the right spec PRS Custom 24, and am considering a Private Stock Build to Order PRS. I found a PS form online, but I didn't see a menu of options to select. I just ordered a Jackson Rhoads Custom Shop and Martin Custom Shop 000-18 Ambertone and they had a nice selection of option to configure your Dream Guitar Spec with approximate prices for each upgrade. The wait for a Custom Guitar is 1.5 to 3 years. HaHa.

Anyone have a PRS Private Stock Menu or List of Options? I am not looking for anything crazy, just a buffet of options the exist on other PRS Custom 24 Wood Library Guitars at a reasonable price ($5k-$6k). Interesting a things like a satin roasted Flame Maple Neck, Gold Phase III Locking Tuners, a one-piece Quilted Ten Top, 24-08 switching, the small abalone Eagle on the headstock, and an abalone Birds neck Inlay on a rosewood fingerboard, plus the PS Paisley Case.

This Mid-life Crisis is getting expensive. Thankfully, I have managed to resist a Porsche 911 GT-3, despite a new Porsche Dealership opening 3 blocks away..

Cheers

I’m likely going to sell this next month. $10K

https://vimeo.com/753602743/10a6293171
I am finding it difficult to find the right spec PRS Custom 24, and am considering a Private Stock Build to Order PRS. I found a PS form online, but I didn't see a menu of options to select. I just ordered a Jackson Rhoads Custom Shop and Martin Custom Shop 000-18 Ambertone and they had a nice selection of option to configure your Dream Guitar Spec with approximate prices for each upgrade. The wait for a Custom Guitar is 1.5 to 3 years. HaHa.

Anyone have a PRS Private Stock Menu or List of Options? I am not looking for anything crazy, just a buffet of options the exist on other PRS Custom 24 Wood Library Guitars at a reasonable price ($5k-$6k). Interesting a things like a satin roasted Flame Maple Neck, Gold Phase III Locking Tuners, a one-piece Quilted Ten Top, 24-08 switching, the small abalone Eagle on the headstock, and an abalone Birds neck Inlay on a rosewood fingerboard, plus the PS Paisley Case.

This Mid-life Crisis is getting expensive. Thankfully, I have managed to resist a Porsche 911 GT-3, despite a new Porsche Dealership opening 3 blocks away..

Cheers
Custom 24 Private Stock for sale

Any ballparks on what a semi hollow DGT in yellow tiger would be?

Can John Mann order a run?

Back