Just curious why? Are I's considered better than IIs?

Depends who you ask.

Part of it is scarcity. We PRS guys are not nearly (as a group) as much of the "after market" crowd as some other brands. So original parts come at a premium. Some are, but, many, like me, are NOT. So, being as though there are less and less phase 1's around, they hold great value. Just look them up on like Reverb and you will be like "WHAT?!?!? For a used guitar part from 1997?!?!?!.....You gotta be kidding me".... lol ;)

Yeah, prices people are asking are wackadoo. I wish they were worth that much, I could gold plate my toilet.

Part of it is scarcity. We PRS guys are not nearly (as a group) as much of the "after market" crowd as some other brands. So original parts come at a premium. Some are, but, many, like me, are NOT. So, being as though there are less and less phase 1's around, they hold great value. Just look them up on like Reverb and you will be like "WHAT?!?!? For a used guitar part from 1997?!?!?!.....You gotta be kidding me".... lol ;)

Depends who you ask.

Yeah, prices people are asking are wackadoo. I wish they were worth that much, I could gold plate my toilet.

There’s a guy in Downers End that’s driving up the prices! ;)

Thanks for the responses. Originality appears the key.

Maybe there’s a percentage of people that need them for collectible reasons, but I’d say on average most people don’t care because they’re “too hard to use”.

There’s a guy in Downers End that’s driving up the prices! ;)

When I die my wife and son will flood the market with those and rotary switches.

Unless someone tempts you with a gold bathroom!;)

I've heard of that for showers, but never the full bathroom. :eek:

idonotthink.png

Maybe there’s a percentage of people that need them for collectible reasons, but I’d say on average most people don’t care because they’re “too hard to use”.

When I die my wife and son will flood the market with those and rotary switches.
Investment! Solid retirement plan!

I'm always watching for prs parts used.

I scored a wafer rotary for 50 dollars last year

Back