PRS Phase III Tuners on SE SS

ADK

I was looking for a way to mount the Phase III tuners on my SE SS without seeing the footprint from the previous vintage tuners. I came across these little mounting plates from Graph Tech. They are mount plates meant for the GT Ratio Tuners but worked well with the Phase III tuners. The only thing I had to do was drill the two screw holes slightly bigger in the mounting plates so the prs screws would fit through. I thought I would share here in case someone else would like to do the same. The look might not be for everyone but I like it. They come in 4 colors(Nickel, Chrome, Gold, Black). I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work with most SE/Core guitars with vintage style tuners.

Screenshot-20230228-181418-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-181412-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-181437-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-181507-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-181536-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-203553-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-203650-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20230228-203803-Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I like this a lot. I assume it’ll lower the string post a smidge. But better to lower than to raise! The break angle of the strings will increase but shouldn’t effect tuning

Reactions: ADK
Wow. I like this a lot. I assume it’ll lower the string post a smidge. But better to lower than to raise! The break angle of the strings will increase but shouldn’t effect tuning
Yes you are correct. The plates are around 1mm thick so the string will be lowered by 1mm.

Thanks for this post. The base plates will solve the problem I have with installing P3 tuners on my 2010 McCarty. The headstock appears to be 1mm less thick than on the newer guitars. An extra 1mm on the base is exactly what I need. And, the impressions made by the original vintage tuners will be covered - bonus!

Thanks for this post. The base plates will solve the problem I have with installing P3 tuners on my 2010 McCarty. The headstock appears to be 1mm less thick than on the newer guitars. An extra 1mm on the base is exactly what I need. And, the impressions made by the original vintage tuners will be covered - bonus!
YES! Great point! The thickness of the McCarty headstock is the same as the thickness of the original Singlecuts.
If I need to change out the tuners on my Singlecuts, this is a great option.:)

Back