PRS NF53 and Miles Kennedy thoughts

Ehhh… I’d rather have a guitar that looks like a PRS and sounds like a Tele than the other way around.
I really liked what I heard from the NF53. I play a Tele but there's room for improvement.

In a way, I'd rather have a PRS that looks like a Tele but sounds like a NF53!

Course I've never played one. Only seen the videos.

A lot of opinion here, with a very small sprinkling of actual experience, the latter being the useful part but both are telling. While not as strong as the reaction to the Silver Sky, it’s very reminiscent of 2018.

I haven’t played either… yet. But I want one… of each. The demos I’ve heard prove the guitars sound good, even in the hands of less-than-virtuoso players. I’m in that camp, so I can expect similar results.

I play my NF3 regularly, and these are as much an evolution of that stellar guitar as they are a modernization of a Telecaster. The price is high, just like everything else these days, and it’s only justified if the guitar is a great one. If it is, the price is fine to me. I’m not one who’s looking for an S2 or SE; I love the core models. So I will be getting one of these guitars soon, I just haven’t sorted out which one yet.

I respect everyone’s right to an opinion on these, and on Telecasters in general. I have my own on Telecasters (mine is an American Standard), and will form my own opinions on the NF53 and MK as well. I can’t do a hour in a music store and call that a proper checking out. I need to live with it: my gear, my band, in places I play. Once I get there I’ll let you know!

Back