PRS Experience question

Summer

Dilemma: I own 6 PRS guitars, love them all, best guitars on the planet. My dilemma is this: I've always wanted to go to the Experience as I've never been. Looks awesome. However when I add up the dollars to fly there, get a hotel, food/alcohol, etc I just about buy a new Core PRS instead. Love to go but a new guitar ain't a bad option B. Also a question please: I'm holding off for a 35th anniversary Custom 24. If I go to the Experience will there be a huge selection of these new guitars there for sale? I'm in no hurry so can wait, I'd just like my next PRS to be the 35th Custom 24. Thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving to all by the way. Thank you.

Huge selection? Way too hard to say. Generally, the dealers are given inventory to pick through and that's what's available that weekend. There are almost always event-related guitars, some private stocks, and some variety of the rest of the catalog. It really varies year to year.

As for being there - well, YMMV, but it's a weekend I look forward to every other year now (previously every year). It's a chance to see the friends I've made on the forum - some again, some for the first time. It's a chance to meet the people who make the fine instruments we play and see not only where they work, but the passion they have for what they create. It's two days of great music - I think I've discovered someone new to listen to every year. Again, YMMV, but for me, if going to Experience means passing on a guitar...I'll see you in Stevensville.

So you're a fan, you've always wanted to go, and the choice is between PRS #7 and going to the Experience? Easy answer. Go. And immerse yourself in it. You'll have an incredible time, meet a bunch of people who are your kind of crazy, and walk away with a greater appreciation of the company and memories you won't get any other way.

Heck, I wish it would be a fabulous few days.

We may end up in the U.S. in 2020, sadly a few hundred miles south of the factory. But the kids will have fun!

One day I will make an Experience, would be an absolute blast to meet up with you rogues!

Are you coming Alnus?

I think he’s just breathing hard.

Heck, I wish it would be a fabulous few days.

We may end up in the U.S. in 2020, sadly a few hundred miles south of the factory. But the kids will have fun!

One day I will make an Experience, would be an absolute blast to meet up with you rogues!

None of the stuff posted above applies to Brits. Sorry for any confusion. :cool:

Very much looking forward to you finally making an appearance. It’s such a great hang. My wife used to say she felt bad for me having to go by myself, but after she went with me, she said two things. “No wonder you love this so much.” And “Who are you down here?”

It's an UNREAL, pardon the pun, experience! You need to make the pilgrimage to factory. It's really like nothing you've seen...surrounded by your new best friends!

All kidding aside, I talk more to the friends I've made through PRS Guitars than people I've known in the non guitar world for years.

Another big vote for go to EXP. I was in the same spot as you several years back. Finally I just decided to make the trip. Can't really express how awesome it is out there. Now I literally treat it as a family reunion(that I want to go to). If you're not already, I join the Signature club before then as well.

My wife and I had a fabulous time at Experience in 2018! We are booked to arrive on Thursday, 7 May, and leave on the Sunday - we did that same pattern in 2018 and it worked well. We drive up from Florida and visit family half-way for a day or so, so it turns into a nice vacation. Total "travel" cost might be a $2000 delta to our normal expenditures (over the weekend we typically eat out at a nice restaurant once, with drinks, and we consume drinks at home otherwise). So that equals "about" half the cost of a core.

We are "budgeting" for the procurement of two guitars at Experience 2020 - one for her, one for me. So add another $8K or so to the bill. Yikes! But it will be so worth it!

Join the Signature Club so you can start early.

Which reminds me, I need to set a reminder for Feb or so to renew my Sig club membership and get her one too.

I think he’s just breathing hard

I’ve learnt not to read your replies with any form of food or drink anywhere near me! Thanks Alan, reply of the month!!

It's an UNREAL, pardon the pun, experience! You need to make the pilgrimage to factory. It's really like nothing you've seen...surrounded by your new best friends!

All kidding aside, I talk more to the friends I've made through PRS Guitars than people I've known in the non guitar world for years.

You and I probably have to be careful about who we choose as friends. Heck knows why we’re on here!;)

Last edited:
Back