PRS Experience question

So you're saying that the displays in 14 and 18 were in the same place, but 14 had more dealers and guitars?
I think the trend has been less place to display guitars that aren’t already on dealer tables. The factory has gotten too busy for there to be a huge amount of free floor space.
There may still be more guitars available that aren’t on display, so it’s worth talking to your favourite dealer about what you’re looking for if you don’t see it.

So you're saying that the displays in 14 and 18 were in the same place, but 14 had more dealers and guitars?

As I recall, in '12 and '13 (no Experience in '14), the sales area was on the main floor in the big room in the factory - dealers were mostly lined up by the CNC machines, and the guitars and amps for general sale (meaning you could take one to your dealer of choice) were in the main part of the floor.

At the anniversary event in '16, the sales floor was in the next room back, where the spray room is now, I believe.

In '18, there were essentially two rooms - it was one big L-shaped area, but it sort of separated the dealers into two groups.

We arrived just as the factory was closing in 2018, so I might not have seen everything. There are guitars everywhere in any case, you won’t be disappointed.

As I recall, in '12 and '13 (no Experience in '14), the sales area was on the main floor in the big room in the factory - dealers were mostly lined up by the CNC machines, and the guitars and amps for general sale (meaning you could take one to your dealer of choice) were in the main part of the floor.

At the anniversary event in '16, the sales floor was in the next room back, where the spray room is now, I believe.

In '18, there were essentially two rooms - it was one big L-shaped area, but it sort of separated the dealers into two groups.

Yup, that's what I remember: the L-shaped "loading dock area" with all the dealer tables set up. I didn't notice that he'd originally said "factory" in his post, I remember demos and lots of cool stuff in the factory, but only a dude selling truss rod covers "for sale" inside the factory itself?

Yup, that's what I remember: the L-shaped "loading dock area" with all the dealer tables set up. I didn't notice that he'd originally said "factory" in his post, I remember demos and lots of cool stuff in the factory, but only a dude selling truss rod covers "for sale" inside the factory itself?

Yep - all the dealers were out in the dock area that year. In previous years, they'd been in the factory proper, but the areas they were in are now in use for other things. Looking at it now, with the S2 line and some other things in there, it's hard to believe how empty that one side of the main room was at one time.

EXP16RecapBlog850-3.jpg

Yep - all the dealers were out in the dock area that year. In previous years, they'd been in the factory proper, but the areas they were in are now in use for other things. Looking at it now, with the S2 line and some other things in there, it's hard to believe how empty that one side of the main room was at one time.

Awesome pic, thanks for posting it!

EXP16RecapBlog850-3.jpg

This photo should be titled PRS Nirvana.

I would like to go for the first time this year. I live in Va. Beach so it is just a few hour drive for me. Do you have to buy tickets, register, or is it just open?

Back