PRS Acoustic Lovers - STAND UP!

packy

There is an interesting thread going on The Acoustic Guitar Forum - General Acoustic Guitar Discussion - Do AGF Members Still Dislike PRS Acoustics? This thread covers the American Made Acoustics and the SE's. PRS Acoustic Lovers - STAND UP!

I love PRS acoustics. And I love to discuss them here.

But I don't feel the need to wade into a thread on another guitar forum to try to convince a bunch of yahoos that the guitars are great.

Haters gon' hate. Let them say what they want.

Wow! What's the basis for the discussion? That really baffles me. Other than the fact that they sound great, look great, and are extremely well-made, what's left to discuss?

Wow! What's the basis for the discussion? That really baffles me. Other than the fact that they sound great, look great, and are extremely well-made, what's left to discuss?

I think the problem for certain acoustic guitar enthusiasts is that PRS started as an electric guitar company. It's not really about the guitars.

I think the problem for certain acoustic guitar enthusiasts is that PRS started as an electric guitar company. It's not really about the guitars.

More broadly, the problem for certain guitar enthusiasts is that the guitar says PRS. End of story - for them.

Cody Kilby told a story at Experience that Ricky Skaggs was playing a PRS at a festival. He said it sounded awesome, but when he was walking around afterwards, the only comments he heard were "Can you believe Skaggs wasn't playing a dreadnaught?"

Too many people do what they accuse PRS owners of doing - they listen with their eyes.

1334874266551_1514810.png

More broadly, the problem for certain guitar enthusiasts is that the guitar says PRS. End of story - for them.

Cody Kilby told a story at Experience that Ricky Skaggs was playing a PRS at a festival. He said it sounded awesome, but when he was walking around afterwards, the only comments he heard were "Can you believe Skaggs wasn't playing a dreadnaught?"

Too many people do what they accuse PRS owners of doing - they listen with their eyes.

1334874266551_1514810.png

It's funny, some guitar players are bound to, and by, tradition. They can't seem to get their heads around anything that wasn't happening in the first half of the last century.

Then there are those of us who are wise in the ways of The Force. ;)

It's funny, some guitar players are bound to, and by, tradition. They can't seem to get their heads around anything that wasn't happening in the first half of the last century.

Then there are those of us who are wise in the ways of The Force. ;)

Amen. Or because Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton didn't use one. (Many) people are lemmings.

I found and read the thread. Unsurprisingly, it is filled with opinions from people who have never seen one in person, much less played one. But there are supporters too, including some PRS-centric quotes from one Tony McManus.

Tony hit the nail on the head!

By the way, the classical album he released with the Bach Chaconne on it is absolutely wonderful. And the sound quality is magnificent, too.

I initially had no interest in PRS acoustics until I ventured into my dealer to get an amp repaired....while I waited, I played a few guitars and was simply blown away by a few Angelus Cutaways. I decided to come back the next day with my trusty Collings C10 - again, blown away and one specific guitar was "speaking" to me a little more than the others. I traded in my C10 (which was killer in its own right).

A guitar builder friend was over at my house during a party and he was also taken back by the guitar. Not familiar with PRS per se, he could not put it down. In fact, at 2;30 am I told him the party was over and to put the guitar down!

I sold the Angelus and tried a few others which were nice but not like that 1st one....I sure miss it.

I initially had no interest in PRS acoustics until I ventured into my dealer to get an amp repaired....while I waited, I played a few guitars and was simply blown away by a few Angelus Cutaways. I decided to come back the next day with my trusty Collings C10 - again, blown away and one specific guitar was "speaking" to me a little more than the others. I traded in my C10 (which was killer in its own right).

A guitar builder friend was over at my house during a party and he was also taken back by the guitar. Not familiar with PRS per se, he could not put it down. In fact, at 2;30 am I told him the party was over and to put the guitar down!

I sold the Angelus and tried a few others which were nice but not like that 1st one....I sure miss it.

It's gorgeous.

I also went from a Collings to a PRS. In my case, an SJ to the Tonare. I love Collings guitars, but the PRS acoustics float my boat even more.

Back