Private Stock: Keeping track

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by kes7u, Dec 10, 2014.

1. kes7u

kes7u Wife's husband and Dog's dad

Is there any easy way of keeping track of the private stock guitars as they are released for sale at the many various dealers?

Other than frequently perusing the inventory of the multiple dealers that offer these for sale, I was wondering if there is any easier way to keep track?

The reason I ask is that I am on the lookout for something fairly specific, but without having to order and wait. (Although this may be the end result)

Thanks for your time and input.

Kevin

2. jcha008

jcha008 New Member

I think it's tough for a few reasons. They make quite a few private stock guitars these days and not all of them are in America. So you'd have to check out the dealers from all over the globe. In addition, not every dealer will have a strong online presence and may not list what they have in stock online. Also, many private stocks are specced directly by customers and will go directly to them. Which in turn may never make it onto certain dealers inventory. It would be pretty cool to see every single one listed though.