Dealers please read and chime in. Private Stock question.

Hello! No real need for slots, we can put Private Stock orders in any time. 10-12 month wait right now typically. Happy to help, have a few more vault trips lined up this year.
I was talking with my wife last night about if I do this how I have always wanted to do it. A vault trip is the way I would really like to do it. I am glad you mentioned this.

I was talking with my wife last night about if I do this how I have always wanted to do it. A vault trip is the way I would really like to do it. I am glad you mentioned this.
I was in a similar situation late last year. @Brian G hooked me up. We worked through the initial design in Sept and I had the opportunity to join the Brian's Guitar team for a vault trip in December. It was a fantastic experience, both the visit to the factory and the hands-on advice from Brian and Paul Miles. Even the detailed email exchanges I had with Brian ahead of the trip left a lot to discuss in the vault. If you have the chance to participate in a vault trip, I recommend jumping on it.

Finding the right Dealer is key here. Best of luck!

I was at least able to have my dealer, Moore Guitars, get me a few selections of tops and stuff for me to choose from... of course that's a big difference from being able to tour the vault, but gave me some sense of control
I did have a custom build with another manufacturer on something PRS doesn't do and I paid extra to be able to select the top wood. I am glad I was able to do that but they wouldn't draw the shape of the guitar on the wood and wet it like PRS does so you can see how it will look. We ended up having to do something they have never done before and have them show me the wood over facetime. This was back in 2015. Since the whole adventure was a little awkward they actually showed me higher grade woods at no additional cost. In that situation it worked out for me. I got a killer piece of wood on the top of that guitar. Being able to go to the factory and choose the wood in person would make this a spectacular event and guitar for me. I am really leaning in that direction now that my wife is interested in going too. I just have to figure out how that all works and how to make it happen.

Back