Private Stock Friday

attachment.php
What a fantastic color! What is this color called? It's probably one of the "normal" or AP-range colors, but dang!

That's a nice back! And I'm trying to figure out what orientation is intended for the state/province/country outline on that backplate so I can figure out which state/province/country it represents...I mean, it could be so it is supposed to look right with the guitar hanging by the neck, or when played, or when flipped over for the audience...not any US state AFAICT...

And that is a fantastic grain. Wow!

As for the tool - looks like some sort of touch up dremel-like tool (airpowered), but I can't see if it hold sandpaper or buffer. I'm guessing it is for headstocks?

In two plus years of following this thread, I rarely comment. That's because A) my jaw drops and I'd sound like a babbling idiot, and B) I'd say the same things over and over. So instead of saying how incredible this one looks, and how that one is a work of art, and how the next one is just stunning, I'll sum up a couple years of looking at this thread:

I don't know how you guys who work there do it. I could not possibly be around these things all the time. I've spent my whole life trying to be a good person, to help others, help those in need, etc. But if I saw the guitars in this thread on a daily basis, I'd be out knocking off convenience stores for more cash! :biggrin: holy crap is there some incredible stuff in this thread!!!! 3 of my 4 PRS are beautiful guitars, but don't even compare to what I see here on a daily basis. Just awestruck every time I log in here.

Ok, that should do it for a couple years. (After I wipe the drool off my chin!)

I think of PS as "working pieces of art." And DreamTheaterRules is right...they're all pretty much irresistible.

I was a guy who only a few years ago said I'd never own a PS, and I had a zillion reasons, none of them did me any good. I now have three, and I doubt I could part with any one of them. They're that amazing in every possible way, and that includes how they play and sound.

You'd think I have enough, right? But I still look at this thread every Friday and get dumbstruck at how gorgeous the guitars are, and also at different players' ideas for how they should be decked out, the variety of controls and pickups, etc!

My name is Les and I'm a PSF addict. ;)

Yeah, that was a multi-ga... post. Thanks Hunter!

I'm surprised no one called out the Bernie. :)

Also, this confirms what we already knew: PRS wood is happy wood.

happy_wood.jpg

I'm speechless! !! This one is mine. I'm literally shaking here. So da*n excited with how this is turning out.
Kevin
Congrats Kevin...looks incredible (the SC you scored earlier this week isn't too shabby either...you're on a serious roll) !!!
Can't wait to catch a glimpse of this one's "sister".

OK...whoever had the outline of Brazil inlayed into a wood trem cavity cover has officially taken this to the next level of crazy...

The 7 string black limba with the burl stinger is also insane...

Unbelievable week Hunter...thanks!

Congrats Kevin...looks incredible (the SC you scored earlier this week isn't too shabby either...you're on a serious roll) !!!
Can't wait to catch a glimpse of this one's "sister".

Much appreciated! ! I'm not sure what the time line of our builds is, but I would sure love to see some pictures of our upcoming guitars together when completed. Would be very special, I think.

I, too, have pulled back on my commenting, but like DTR, it's because I can't just quote every picture and say "yup", "another great one", "I'm almost done", etc.

Yeah, that 7 is going to turn out spectacular.

And I love the grainy grainy one.

See, I have to stop before I get rolling.

OK...whoever had the outline of Brazil inlayed into a wood trem cavity cover has officially taken this to the next level of crazy...

The 7 string black limba with the burl stinger is also insane...

Unbelievable week Hunter...thanks!

+1

The tool is a pneumatic die grinder. I'm guessing it's used for polishing frets (although they have many varied uses from cutting to grinding to polishing).

I took a better look and the chuck on it changes my guess to a drill rather than a grinder.

Last edited:
Back