Private Stock Friday

Hey guys/gals! I'm out of town today for an early afternoon wedding. I can't bring you Private Stock Friday, but perhaps a Private Stock Monday AND Friday next week!

Also, I will refer you to this cool thread that got started last night: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?14999-Post-your-favorite-Private-Stock

Happy Friday!

12:46pm, on a Friday. I'm twitchy, not from the pasta salad I had for lunch, or the endless caffeine, but the other drug I'm lacking..gotta have a fix soon. The other threads are good, but there is no substitute for the pure stuff. I need that eye candy, that stuff that makes my heart pound with lust, that eventually empties my pocket for another PRSi, even if not a PS...

There is no emoticon for "strung-out", otherwise I'd use it.

Happy Friday! Here's what is going on downstairs today.

PSF32(h)-1.jpg

PSF32(v)-1.jpg

PSF32(v)-2.jpg

PSF32(h)-2.jpg

PSF32(h)-3.jpg

PSF32(h)-4.jpg

PSF32(h)-16.jpg

PSF32(h)-17.jpg

PSF32(h)-18.jpg

PSF32(v)-7.jpg

and now for a trivia question! NAME THAT TOOL! What is it and what is it used for specifically on PRS guitars. (This is a pretty simple one, don't over think it).

If this weekly quiz is a totally lame idea we will never do it again, but I'm trying something new here.

PSF32(v)-6.jpg

For me, Friday doesn't start until I see this on the PSF thread:

SbvIwWb.jpg

Thanks again Hunter!

Also, LOVE The quiz idea! Please keep it going!

is that where fretboards are sanded after gluing inlays?

Last edited:
The cu24 floyd is spectacular, what are the pups?
No screws in the pole pieces...
And that Santana OH LORD!
and the quiz is a great idea, thanks Hunter

That seven-stringer...drool...

That neck with mystic symbols...drool...

And that sander...um, no drooling, but cool! It has two different size (radius) sand wheels, so I'm guessing it is used to sand down the bodies - the big one for the bigger inside curves and any outside curves, the smaller one for the tighter inside curves/corners?

EDIT: for clarification of my guess, the edges of the bodies. Not the back or top.

Probably way off base...

Last edited:
woohoo, another great showing! Thanks
Love that headstock in pic 10 amongst the many other splendors!

Back