Private Stock Friday

Getting closer :D!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

7 string burler....SO SICK!!!

The tool is a pneumatic die grinder. I'm guessing it's used for polishing frets (although they have many varied uses from cutting to grinding to polishing).

I took a better look and the chuck on it changes my guess to a drill rather than a grinder.

correct answer....

OK...whoever had the outline of Brazil inlayed into a wood trem cavity cover has officially taken this to the next level of crazy...

The 7 string black limba with the burl stinger is also insane...

Unbelievable week Hunter...thanks!
Oh yeah, Brazil! I wonder if the backplate is Brazzy rosewood?

And I didn't notice right away that 7-stringer being an actual 7-stringer - I was to distracted by the wood! But man, that looks nice!

And again, Thanks Hunter!!!

Much appreciated! ! I'm not sure what the time line of our builds is, but I would sure love to see some pictures of our upcoming guitars together when completed. Would be very special, I think.
Numerically my PS# is only four after yours...but I spent some time being indecisive about my final build specs, so we probably won't see the "little sister" for a while. Would be really cool to see them together at some point though. I've been coming back to drool over yours several times today. Prepare yourself, because your guitar is going to be incredible.

My excitement for the Burl Beast can hardly be contained. This has been a long time coming.

Here we go! Sorry for the late start, had a couple projects going on today!

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

rough cut building!

IMG_3494.jpg

FYI, last week's tool was actually a sanding tool again! One end is for connecting our compressed air hose, the other is the small bit used for sanding the cavities carved for the volume/tone knobs.

PSF33-19.jpg

Here's this week's tool! What is it, what is it used for?

IMG_3492.jpg

Hunter, I think it's safe to say that you're the ultimate GAS man!! Excellent edition yet again.

The tool looks like a thickness sander/planer of some sort.

Back