Private stock discussion (ordering cheap PS, ordering custom builds, and etc....)

I think it's important to understand that (IMO) PRS intentionally sets up their lines with capabilities and appropriate price points:
- SE: Entry level student guitars, priced at or below $900?
- CE: Next level up, higher quality, high quantity, FOREIGN MADE guitars, priced around $2000
- Core: Higher quality, lower quantity, US MADE guitars, priced ~ $4-5k
- PS: Highest quality, single build, US MADE with a dedicated team of builders ~ $9k+

You'll notice (and I admit I rounded a bit to make my point) that the prices approximately double at each point. I think that's intentional, and shows a smart understanding of their market. It's a combination of the materials used and who/where builds the guitars.

I can tell you from my own experience w/the PS build process, that it's the time and attention to detail that brings the price up to what you see. There's a HUGE difference with building a guitar a day (PS), vs. building 20 a day (Core) or building 200 a day (CE), and that's the big cost driver. It's not the wood that's the cost driver, it's the people/time/labor that does. What you're asking for is a PS priced at a Core point, I don't see it happening.

Here's my family photo, from left to right: SE, Core, PS
zNuHdH8.jpg

I'll admit the picture doesn't do it justice. In person, and playability, you can absolutely tell.
CE - USA Made, foreign parts

I think it's important to understand that (IMO) PRS intentionally sets up their lines with capabilities and appropriate price points:
- SE: Entry level student guitars, priced at or below $900?
- CE: Next level up, higher quality, high quantity, FOREIGN MADE guitars, priced around $2000
- Core: Higher quality, lower quantity, US MADE guitars, priced ~ $4-5k
- PS: Highest quality, single build, US MADE with a dedicated team of builders ~ $9k+

You'll notice (and I admit I rounded a bit to make my point) that the prices approximately double at each point. I think that's intentional, and shows a smart understanding of their market. It's a combination of the materials used and who/where builds the guitars.

I can tell you from my own experience w/the PS build process, that it's the time and attention to detail that brings the price up to what you see. There's a HUGE difference with building a guitar a day (PS), vs. building 20 a day (Core) or building 200 a day (CE), and that's the big cost driver. It's not the wood that's the cost driver, it's the people/time/labor that does. What you're asking for is a PS priced at a Core point, I don't see it happening.

Here's my family photo, from left to right: SE, Core, PS
zNuHdH8.jpg

I'll admit the picture doesn't do it justice. In person, and playability, you can absolutely tell.
A LEFTY IN THE WILD! Those are quite beautiful. The SE's are the only imported guitars. The CE lineup is built in America (sorry to correct, I just want to let you know)

Back