Practicing outside

dmatthews

Dave's not here
We picked Friday night because that was good weather, and because we had people asking to come out and listen.
We capped the invites at 25 and had 100% attendance.
Good fun!
Modified setup to point more towards the building and encompass the parking lot.

Graham was tickled "pink" he could bring out this awesome Yamaha custom set.

Had a table at the entrance for people to sign up for tracking.

Everybody distancing properly

Had a mix of people. Kids, families, couples, everything 8 to 70 y/o.
Very appreciative group. We played from 6:30pm to around 9pm with one break. We even had one couple drive down from Kamloops (3h 45m drive) just "because".[emoji41]
It was all random picks from our setlist. A couple of warts but mostly all fun and successful. Hilarious to see everyone get up and dance (young and old) to the Twist. We weren't going to do it but somebody suggested it and off we went.
Pretty warm out on the tarmac but the shade came later thankfully. Lots of people came up to us after and thanked us for some live music. I had not really realized how starved people are.
It was just a "practice", but it was much funner:D

Looks like a great time & I am sure the entertainment was appreciated. I have been doing something similar for the last 4 months. Everyone appreciates the chance to socialize and hear live music, even if it is from a distance.

Looks like a great time & I am sure the entertainment was appreciated. I have been doing something similar for the last 4 months. Everyone appreciates the chance to socialize and hear live music, even if it is from a distance.
Thanks. Hopefully you're in a nicer place than this parking lot.:D

Awesome! Looks like it was a great time.
It was great fun!
Bangin’!

And man... that kit!
I know right? He just LOVES that set!
Wicked :cool:
Hey Hey My My rock'n roll can never die :D
Woo hoo!
Very cool!! Looks like a lot of fun was had by all.
You bet. Hopefully we can do it again before the days get too short.
Good job, Dave! Looks like a blast, and that pink kit rules!
Thanks mate! And yeah... he needed shoes to match. Maybe you can have a word with him?:D

Liked the chalk "name tags" on the pavement. Was that for the crowd or to keep the bandmates in check?

Nice to get out and play when you don't need the costumes and flames.
Well our bass player has a sense of humour. I'm usually the clown/funny guy, but he totally took over that job that night. So in retrospect I'm sure it was a bit of both.:D
And yeah... even the light and smoke show has been sidelined.:p

Back