Posting errors when quoting

Yes, I have too. Some "system error" type of error message, right? If you delete the quote, and post the same reply it's fine. Not sure that I've had the issue with using the PC, but three or four times in the past two weeks with the iPad.

I’ve had the same issue on iPad and iPhone. Often when replying to posts with either pictures or links in them.

Leaving that particular post/thread and replying to a different one seems to get me out of the loop.

I’ve had the problem, too. I do the same thing as WA Paul. That seems to cure it.

Must be a database issue with the forum software. Include me as a user with same problem. I had this issue many weeks ago as well, but it went away.
Today I tried multiple browsers, same problem so yup... database.

Must be a database issue with the forum software. Include me as a user with same problem. I had this issue many weeks ago as well, but it went away.
Today I tried multiple browsers, same problem so yup... database.
Yes, it appeared to be something on the server side.

As to leaving the thread and coming back, I have done that without it consistently clearing the problem. I’ve also gotten the error trying to edit a post with a quote. I’ll watch for a pattern.

Yes. This was one I got an error with today. I thought I was being punished for saying I wanted the guitar. Or that the thread was pushing against some threshold.
I did test post in the thread looking for the problem, but deleted them when I couldn’t find anything.
I can repeat the error with the reply by Ish Guitars in the PSF thread here
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/private-stock-friday.2297/page-543#post-484060

Here's the error, which is likely the same one you/all see

And I wonder if it is due to the nature of how the attachment is shown

Yes. This was one I got an error with today. I thought I was being punished for saying I wanted the guitar. Or that the thread was pushing against some threshold.
I did test post in the thread looking for the problem, but deleted them when I couldn’t find anything.
Interesting... that leads to the idea that it's the structure of that post in some way... guessing at the attachment.

Interesting... that leads to the idea that it's the structure of that post in some way... guessing at the attachment.
I did quote other posts in that thread containing a quote with the attachment reference and they were ok. It might be significant that the others had text after the attachment quote, rather than before like the Ish post. I didn’t see another with text prior to the quote in the 10 or so pages I browsed.

Even so, I have had the error quoting posts with no attachment reference, so that wouldn’t be the whole story. The Ish post is where I would have support start looking, because it always fails.

I did quote other posts in that thread containing a quote with the attachment reference and they were ok. It might be significant that the others had text after the attachment quote, rather than before like the Ish post. I didn’t see another with text prior to the quote in the 10 or so pages I browsed.

Even so, I have had the error quoting posts with no attachment reference, so that wouldn’t be the whole story. The Ish post is where I would have support start looking, because it always fails.
Yup, I saw your tests. I also tried a "multi post quote" which included the Ish post, which failed also.
I do seem to recall the error with no attachment as you describe, so I agree with your observation and synopsis.

Yup, I saw your tests. I also tried a "multi post quote" which included the Ish post, which failed also.
I do seem to recall the error with no attachment as you describe, so I agree with your observation and synopsis.
Also, the Ish post fails on ALL of my devices, which I think puts the problem firmly on the backend.

I’ve found that I get that to happen a lot in the PSF thread, the one that happened today however, was in a poll thread.

Don’t know it that means anything.
It means something to whoever tracks down the underlying problem with the forum.
I got the error a few times in the DC245 thread quoting Bodia before half of my not so witty reply made it through. Then I got errors trying to finish making it witty. It seems to be a growing problem. The forum might have just gotten too popular for its own good.

Back