Post gone missing?

The Viking Gangster

I had recently written some responses on a post regarding a Mesa Rectoverb 25, a PRS Custom 20, and a Mesa 5:25 express plus. Last night, I went to added to that post, but I couldn't find it. Therefore, I started a new one. Now I can't find that post either. When I look for all my post listings, these particular post are not listed in my history.

Has this happened to anybody else before?

Yeah. See, this is the OFFICIAL forum for PRS's guitars and amplifiers. It's in poor taste to post about competing products "in Paul's house".

If that's true......I would be very disappointed. I've enjoyed this forum because of the open and honest and kind responses from most everybody. I was discussing a PRS Custom 20 Amp. And it was because of this forum I was even thinking about buying one.

This is an open forum for people that love PRS guitars and we talk about many things.

Can I get a second opinion on this?

Ordinarily I would keep my opinion(s) about something like this to myself because it isn't my call either way. But since you asked, here's how I look at it:

1. - I'm a guest here. I'm familiar with the posting guidelines and I'm willing to follow them. Beyond that, I think I have a pretty good feel for what is and isn't acceptable, and if there's any doubt then I err on the side of caution.

2. - I didn't see your original posts, but if you posted basically the same thing twice only to have it removed both times, I'd say that speaks for itself.

3. - Based on some personal experiences of my own that I won't get into here, I know for a fact that PRS as a company has a great deal of respect for its industry, its peers, and its competitors. Taking that into account, perhaps they chose not to allow a topic that might invite comparisons, etc. among brands.

I agree with you that The PRS Forum is open, honest, and kind. But there are many, many people working behind the scenes to make it that way, and I for one am willing to defer to their judgement in situations like this.

Sincerely and respectfully, Goldtop/Lloyd

Goldtop

Thanks for your considered answer. I think you may have hit the nail on the head with regards to the comparison thing.

Sorry PRS forum administrators. No disrespect intended.

Alan

Alan,

You're very welcome.

As for amps, I wish you the best whichever route you decide to go. Good music is good music, right?

Lloyd

Hey Alan, Lloyd and Brad pretty much sum it up, I think. The side that doesn't get brought up in this conversation very often is that, being PRS lovers, sometimes people will also begin to slag other brands in the process of comparisons. I doubt PRS wants that either. I think PRS, as a company, has good relationships and respect for other companies. I know before the PRS amp line began, there were Mesa amps in the testing/inspection areas. It's just better all around not to get into the comparison thing so we don't bring negative connotations to any brand. It's bad business. While the forum isn't PRS employees for the most part, it still represents the company on a public level.

Hey Alan, Lloyd and Brad pretty much sum it up, I think. The side that doesn't get brought up in this conversation very often is that, being PRS lovers, sometimes people will also begin to slag other brands in the process of comparisons. I doubt PRS wants that either. I think PRS, as a company, has good relationships and respect for other companies. I know before the PRS amp line began, there were Mesa amps in the testing/inspection areas. It's just better all around not to get into the comparison thing so we don't bring negative connotations to any brand. It's bad business. While the forum isn't PRS employees for the most part, it still represents the company on a public level.

Great explanation.

You've just changed my negative into a positive.

Thanks

Well, I've thought about things.

The posts were not removed because of trash talk, since everybody was above board about any brands discussed.

I think the posts may have been removed because I ended up buying a Mesa 5:25 Express, and I shared the journey of how I got there with my forum mates. Heck, I might in the end up returning the Mesa and getting a PRS custom 20. Who knows. If I did do that, I would have shared it with the members here.

Since nobody can read the the posts that were removed, the inference is that something "wrong" was done.

Too bad that is the case (If it indeed it is). The forum is not as open as I thought. People are definitely more respectful and intelligent than most internet sites, but the censorship has really bothered me.

The best scenario would be that somebody trashed talked me after I posted about my Mesa purchase and the forum was protecting me and the respectfulness of the forum itself.

Last edited:
You're thinking about it too much. You had a thread about a competitors product, and it got nuked.

Nobody is mad at you, nobody talked smack, you didn't get an infraction or cool points taken away, you just bought a Mesa amp.

PM Jamie or Hunter for an explanation if it really bothers you.

Like Sergio said, you're overthinking it.

Sometimes there's a very fine line when it comes to what is and isn't allowed.

Hey, I've been here since the start and sometimes I cross that line. If a post gets removed, a thread locked or you get called out you have to suck it up and move on.

People really are more intelligent and respectful here. It may not be a perfect utopia, but that can never exist anyway. It's better than most!

Back