S2 Tremolo set screw...

rockinforJesus

Hi,
(I'm new to this forum, and posted this but hadn't heard any responses yet, so bear with me if you already read this post ;))
I just recently purchased my first PRS, and couldn’t be happier… except for the fact that the set screw for the tremolo is missing. I contacted PRS and here is their response “The tremolo screw size is M3 x 8mm x 1.5mm”.
Does anyone here know where I can find a replacement set screw for the tremolo arm on my S2 Standard?
Thanks for your time

I discovered the tremolo arm set screw is the same size as the bridge saddle height screws. Just ordered brass screws for the bridge saddles to see if they change the tone at all. They are currently on a boat from China, so it might be a while before they arrive.
First world problems…

Hi,
(I'm new to this forum, and posted this but hadn't heard any responses yet, so bear with me if you already read this post ;))
I just recently purchased my first PRS, and couldn’t be happier… except for the fact that the set screw for the tremolo is missing. I contacted PRS and here is their response “The tremolo screw size is M3 x 8mm x 1.5mm”.
Does anyone here know where I can find a replacement set screw for the tremolo arm on my S2 Standard?
Thanks for your time

I just replaced mine. From McMaster-Carr:

Stainless Steel Flat-Tip Set Screw
18-8, M3 x 0.5 mm Thread, 8 mm Long
92605A102
pack of 25

You'll have enough for your next 24 PRS S2s.

I just replaced mine. From McMaster-Carr:

Stainless Steel Flat-Tip Set Screw
18-8, M3 x 0.5 mm Thread, 8 mm Long
92605A102
pack of 25

You'll have enough for your next 24 PRS S2s.
Thank you. That info is right on.
I just ordered brass screws from eBay in the 6mm length for the bridge saddles, and used one of them for the tremolo arm (they are the same size).

Back