Possible custom order?

steve4991

Hey all! Recently traded up with a friend of mine for a 2021 Custom 24 35th Anniversary. The origin of this guitar is unknown, as he obtained it from a local seller last year. While it’s cleary a 35th anniversary based on the headstock emblem and the truss rod cover, it’s particularly unusual in the fact that the 3-way switch with the two split coil switches are not there. The switching system is the typical 5-way blade found on the regular Customs. Every single 35th Anniversary I found online has the 3-way toggle and coil split options. This one does not! The finish is additionally listed as “Purple Mist”, but it appears to have a fade in it as well. This is not a wood library or ten top. Hardware is also hybrid. It does not come with the ivory tuners also commonly found on 35th anniversary models. There is no additional handwriting on the back of the guitar outside of the serial #. Seems like a really odd collection of features for a custom ordered 35th anniversary, no?

Last edited:
I've seen something like this before, too. I'm not sure how they come to fruition, but the one I saw had the 35th Anniversary headstock and trussrod cover like this one. Also like this one, it had fancier birds and the 5-way toggle, with a special finish. It was listed as a "Custom Order 35th Anniversary Custom 24".

I'm curious about these....

This one here is gorgeous.

Back