Possibility of a new Silver Sky model in 2019?

I'd love to see some more colors....who am I kidding? I'd love to see it in GREEN.

prs-p24-calypso-green-202983-8_(2)__wwg.jpg

Make it in this color and I'd own a roomfull of them.

Hate to say it, but isn't that the stock silver color, and the "pink" scoop is from the lighting...????
(But I'd take a maple FB...ok, and bigger frets...)

No, JM posted a pic of the pink at some point on Instagram. Might be the original Tungsten. That part I don't remember.

Reinvent a reinvented wheel?
That's pretty much been Paul's mantra, if you listen to his interviews, presentations, etc.

Whilst PRS may well be constantly tweaking and improving models, they don't radically change either and certainly not in a year. The Basic formula for the Custom 24 has remained the same - 10" Radius, 25" scale length, twin Humbucker guitar. The 're-invention' comes from updating things like the bridge, tuners, rotary to a blade, the PU's and the new mini toggles for the 24-08. The neck carve may have changed a bit over the 30+ yrs but fundamentally, its still the same guitar. The same can be said for other models like the Santana, the Cu22 etc too

The Silver Sky is what it is - modelled and voiced after a 63/64 Strat with PRS's touches and John Mayers input. Any change would have to come from Mayer too. Therefore its very unlikely that we will see a 'new' Silver Sky. Any fundamental changes would stop it being a Silver Sky. They may release a HSS version or could have a 'Silver Sky 2' with a different radius and fret size - something within the family like the Hollowbody and Hollowbody 2. I still think the most likely will be more colour options.

As others have said, its in high demand as it is and I can't see PRS making any fundamental changes - especially ones that 'change' it. Its not just the fretboard radius either but the PU poles too which are different heights to account for that radius.

DOH! WHAT NO PURPLE PICKUPS!? Yep, Missed it by thatr much.;):p

Dig these!

I will still, maybe, hold out for a maple board.

Although those necks look so dark they could be ebony. Now, an ebony board I would also jump at!

It seems I was right - at most some new colours....

Back