Possibility of a new Silver Sky model in 2019?

I will still, maybe, hold out for a maple board.

Although those necks look so dark they could be ebony. Now, an ebony board I would also jump at!

Agreed...I have a thing for ebony lately. I really love the contrast on these. As far as maple, I love the feel, but not the aesthetic, but on a black body with aged pickups AND birds...fagetaboutit! That combination happens and it's all over but the hiring of a divorce attorney. The struggle is very real!

Someone on PRSGOW Facebook was showing a pic of the SS in a flamed maple top in a variety of colors. Not sure if it is real or not, I don't see any proof on the products page..
That was just a photoshop to tease. Not real.

Yet - who knows in three or four years, or if someone orders a PS...

I’m not doing another one until somebody else steps up to the plate.

Question: exactly what does one have to do in order to step up to the plate? o_O If it requires hands on, I'm out. i'm pre-disqualified. You know, for many reasons, like I'm all gimped up, I have sanders elbow, splinters hurt, uh, letts see. OH Yeah! And because I detest physical labor.;).

Last edited:
Question: exactly what does one have to do in order to step up to the plate? o_O If it requires hands on, I'm out. i'm pre-disqualified. You know, for many reasons, like I'm all gimped up, I have sanders elbow, splinters hurt, uh, letts see. OH Yeah! And because I detest physical labor.;).

I’m basically looking for someone to motivate me into ruining another guitar. Like, if I see them do it, then I’ll forget about everything I’ve learned and think it’s a good idea again.

I’m basically looking for someone to motivate me into ruining another guitar. Like, if I see them do it, then I’ll forget about everything I’ve learned and think it’s a good idea again.

I got a Squier bass I can tear up and paint, and sh!t. I'm on my way over!

I don't need the blue one.
I don't need the gold one.

Yes you do...
Yes you do...
Yes you do...
Yes you do...
Yes you do...
Yes you do...

Ohhhhhhhh...I get it...yeah, same thing after I got married and divorced the first time and the second time...and the...thanks for clearing that up.

HEY! Lightbulb moment... @Alnus Rubra is terribly overdue a PRS...he could have it drop shipped straight to you so you can work your magic..oh hells yeah "Design on a Dimebag International Version" FTW!

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhh...I get it...yeah, same thing after I got married and divorced the first time and the second time...and the...thanks for clearing that up.

HEY! Lightbulb moment... @Alnus Rubra is terribly overdue a PRS...he could have it drop shipped straight to you do you can work your magic..oh hells yeah "Design on a Dimebag International Version" FTW!

Hey if anyone’s getting to play with it, it’s gonna be me!:D

I think at some point due to marketing and selling trends, the JM Silver Sky name/endorsement might be dropped from a new model that's very similar but closer to PRS Specs. Maybe using the wide fat neck with 10inch radius and medium jumbo frets and using the flame tops with natural grain finishes. Ah......something to dream about...........

I’m not doing another one until somebody else steps up to the plate.

A'right...here's one for ya. Some of you may have already seen this one...(NOT a PRS...sorry mods. delete if you must...)
From this...
t2rfrbt.jpg

9TQAEXw.jpg

BAiOmKZ.jpg

And currently in this state...
VWdGKrZ.jpg

Back