Possibility of a new Silver Sky model in 2019?

Isaac cruz

How likely is it that PRS will release a new SS model. Maybe something with bigger frets..

How likely is it that PRS will release a new SS model. Maybe something with bigger frets..

I think its highly unlikely - New colours at most but as for changing something - like the fret size or the fretboard radius, I very much doubt it. The guitar is almost a 'signature' model and if John Mayer was 'happy' with the Solver Sky, then there is very little reason it will be changed...

I thought Silver Sky was supposed to be a series of instruments, not just the one from the original interview? I would suspect another JM inspired guitar down the road, but likely not in the strat formula. Pure guess on my part.

Maybe something with a 10” radius, medium jumbo frets, a pattern neck, and a 25 scale neck! I’d buy that in a heartbeat!

FLWBLJb.jpg

An HSS model would be cool. Maple neck option, maybe? They probably stayed away from sunburst finishes due to the JM signature Strats, but that would be nice to see anyway.

I dunno, there are is an awful lot being left on the table by not having a version with bigger frets and a flatter board. I think something along those lines is inevitable, and I'd bet there'll eventually even be a full shredder type version with a humbucker bridge, locking tuners, and jumbo frets. Give it another year or two ...

I love the guitar as is, so I'm not jonesing for a big overhaul. I AM, however, all in for additional colors. I've quite liked the two new ones John has previewed live and on IG. Not sure which one I'd get!

Back