Pickup I.D. in a PRS SC HB ii Year 2010

Steve-o

Hi Friends- looking at a used SC HB ii piezo at GC- its not a local store, so I am going by eyeball and sales persons replies- they say the pickups are 245's- I've never heard of them.. they say it's a year 2010. Would anyone know what type of pickups were standard on this model? Thanks pickers!

I would assume 57/08's. Covered or uncovered? in 2010 they should have the etching on the covers too.
This

My 2012 came with 57/08s in it and it is etched on the metal pickup covers. Whether they were using 245s two years earlier I can't say.

Someone had once posted a link to a site that had archival PRS model information, and possibly if they read this they can provide the magic once again.

This

My 2012 came with 57/08s in it and it is etched on the metal pickup covers. Whether they were using 245s two years earlier I can't say.

Someone had once posted a link to a site that had archival PRS model information, and possibly if they read this they can provide the magic once again.
they are covered and there are no etchings-

If anybody is interested in taking a look, its on the GC website, used- charcoal.

I would assume 57/08's. Covered or uncovered? in 2010 they should have the etching on the covers too.
My assumption as well, but I don't go that far back with PRS- I have an SC with 57/08, a studio with a 57/08 bucker, and the Quatro with the 53/10's

It's not a 25th anni so that rules out the 2010 price list, looking at '09 it does say 245s but for the HB1.

I mean anything is possible with pickups

Last edited:
Price a bit high for this guitar? 3k...

That seems quite 'fair' in general. I don't know exactly how the price is in every region but these don't crop up often. I know I spent month's looking and any that did crop up, the prices seemed to match up and exceed the prices of new 'solid' body guitars like a Cu24, Cu22, 594 etc - some used as high as some new 10-tops.

I ended up buying new and, living in the UK, if I paid full asking price, mine would of cost more than double that figure and mine wasn't a 10-top.

Its always worth having a look on Reverb to see if there are any similar guitars in a similar condition and see how they compare price wise. If its in a shop, you do get a bit more warranty and piece of mind....

I had a 2008 Singlecut Hollowbody Standard and it had 245 pickups. I prefer the Archtop or 57/08 pickups in a Hollowbody. While still nice sounding, I found the 245s to be a bit too hot for the Hollowbody. According to the pickup spec chart I have, the original 57/08 pickups had a resistance of 7.91/7.78 (bridge/neck), 9.0/8.0 for the McCarty, 9.6/8.96 for the 245 and 12.0/8.0 for the Dragon II.

Back